Next Thread
Print Thread
#1597698 06/25/06 12:41 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I attempted to put the camber kit in my car today but was stopped shortly into the project.

I'm not sure if "endlink" is the right word, but its the piece that connects the strut to the sway bar. I am trying to take off the nut that connects the end link to the strut and it came about half way down the thread and now it just spins the stud when I turn the nut.

I tried searching about this but cdidn't know what to look for.

Right now I can tighten the nut or loosen it without the stud spinning. How do I get it on/off?

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1597699 06/25/06 01:18 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I attempted to put the camber kit in my car today but was stopped shortly into the project.

I'm not sure if "endlink" is the right word, but its the piece that connects the strut to the sway bar. I am trying to take off the nut that connects the end link to the strut and it came about half way down the thread and now it just spins the stud when I turn the nut.

I tried searching about this but cdidn't know what to look for.

Right now I can tighten the nut or loosen it without the stud spinning. How do I get it on/off?

There is flats on the back side, right at the boot of the swaybar link, I think it's a 15mm or so wrench iirc that holds is. That will keep it from spinning, really you dont' want to spin that joint. A ford CD manual, or haynes is a good tool to have, it will help while doing jobs like that. Take your time, watch your fingers.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1597700 06/25/06 02:17 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Wow. I can't believe I missed that I even have the Manual and the Ford CD!

Now, any advice on the 18mm bolt that holds the strut in? It has a very thin head My socket keeps wanting to slip off of it.

Edit: it was a 16mm on the bacl of the link, in case anyone searches and comes accross the post.

Last edited by XKontour98; 06/25/06 03:08 AM.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard