Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1597556 06/24/06 05:47 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i had some extra money so i had purchased one of those low priced hid kits on ebay. its made by pilot 9006 6000k. the kti was liek $170. mounting the ballast was probally the hardest part of the install. plus i was doing it outside at midnight. it was all plug and play, but i had to check the polarity of the factory bulb plug. the harness that came with the kit allowed the factory bulb plug to go either way since the polarity can be different from car to car. i also upgraded the low beam fises to 15amps on each one. only think that im not satisfied with is the color. i was expecting a more whiter color from 6000k. i think i will have to upgrade to 4300 as some as i get some extra $. i can actually se that my lights are on when im passing through a street that is lit up. other than the color of the light every thing else is cool. except for my silver star high and fogs looks like regular lights to me now.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i had some extra money so i had purchased one of those low priced hid kits on ebay. its made by pilot 9006 6000k. the kti was liek $170. mounting the ballast was probally the hardest part of the install. plus i was doing it outside at midnight. it was all plug and play, but i had to check the polarity of the factory bulb plug. the harness that came with the kit allowed the factory bulb plug to go either way since the polarity can be different from car to car. i also upgraded the low beam fises to 15amps on each one. only think that im not satisfied with is the color. i was expecting a more whiter color from 6000k. i think i will have to upgrade to 4300 as some as i get some extra $. i can actually se that my lights are on when im passing through a street that is lit up. other than the color of the light every thing else is cool. except for my silver star high and fogs looks like regular lights to me now.

im sorry to hear, I try to explain to others how anything above 5000K is plain useless but no one listens, you will however notice a HUGE difference with 4300K..

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
they didnt have a 4300k kit so ill just have to geta set of bulbs. by the way is d2 a bulb size or type?

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
how did i know goonzey would be the first to reply to this? lol--

goonz-- why is it useless past 5000? i mean, it can't be worse than a standard regular bulb, as long as it's lighting up the road

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
how did i know goonzey would be the first to reply to this? lol--

goonz-- why is it useless past 5000? i mean, it can't be worse than a standard regular bulb, as long as it's lighting up the road

Its the color of the light. The human eye doesnt react well to blue light and that is the majority of what a 5000K+ lamp produces.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
goonz is right. the color of light does effect output. like when i had 80 watt blu bulbs they were bright but you couldnt realy see much light you could just tell they were on cause stuff on the road were reflecting the light. when i had put the silver star high in my lows it was way better than the 80 watt hyper white blue bulbs. with these 6000k hid bulbs its real bright but while drivign the color doesnt light up as good as you would think. signs and road marks have real bright reflections though. you can also see the reflections further ahead. i am definately going to upgrade to 4300k or 5000k bulbs later on as soon as i have the $. i went for a long drive tonight and i havent been having any drivers flashig me so i guess it doesnt bother them. the glare shield on the contour headlights are pretty big and covers liek half the hid bulb so i guess it takes out a lot of glare.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Thanks for the input... now to find some of my own...

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
they have tons of them on ebay. i went with the pilot kit since i had heard of the company before and it has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. heres what i should have gotten. pilot 4300k 9006 kit but i think it was posted up after i baught my kit. the ad i baught mine from said that 6000k was crystal white but its actually purplish.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
i now understand, thank you for the explanation

i want some

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
i now understand, thank you for the explanation

i want some

its a night and day difference my friend..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard