Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Its an SCCA event this weekend, Im afraid of abusing my car because its currently for sale on ebay. Should I go anyway?

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Just don't abuse the car. It's not like abuse is inherent in autocross. Cornering hard and revving the snot out of the engine won't hurt anything.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I went. The car was fine, the first time I did something like this with the car. I was able to keep up with a lot of others with much more experience, my times were better than some miatas, corvettes, mini cooper and at least one mustang that had race rubber. I have the car on ebay but Im reconsidering. I need to get some new tires for the car. They were worn before I even got there.

The fastest I went about 55. I tried working on smoothness. It was fun.

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Awesome! The Contour is a pretty fun autocross car, and it usually takes just one event to get you hooked.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
My car didnt sell on ebay and Im ok with it because I had such a good time...

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard