Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1597090 08/02/06 10:46 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
If your pre-cats were clogged, you could have just restored that lost power and efficiency. 19-21mpg is a bit lower than factory, so my guess is that you had bar precatalysts.

Mark

It could have also been low because you did not drive the car much previously so the gas had a chance to degrade over the months the car was sitting. Now that you drive it daily it might help the car run most effieciently. Mine averages 26 MPG city and 29 highway with no A/C. thats with bad cats and a CEL on, plus i don;t drive it softly....

#1597091 08/03/06 12:09 AM
B
BlackE1 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
If your pre-cats were clogged, you could have just restored that lost power and efficiency. 19-21mpg is a bit lower than factory, so my guess is that you had bar precatalysts.

Mark

Pre cats had 32k on them don�t think them being clogged was a factor.

Originally posted by TravisN1:

It could have also been low because you did not drive the car much previously so the gas had a chance to degrade over the months the car was sitting. Now that you drive it daily it might help the car run most efficiently. Mine averages 26 MPG city and 29 highway with no A/C. that�s with bad cats and a CEL on, plus I don�t drive it softly....

I drove it regularly going through about a tank of gas every week and a half and I still only got 19ish mpg. When it sat while at school it got worse like 17ish mpg.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard