Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
im gonna be traveling 900 miles and this one part of california gets really hot like more than 100 degrees. my gauge runs at almost 1/2 maybe an 1/8 below. i just dont want to overheat. no point on running the a/c i by passed the belt cause the ac was making noise. thanks.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
im also thinking i may drive through there in the night time or early morning. i dont feel like roasting lol

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
yeah you can to release some heat, but a properly working cooling system you shouldn't need to do that

also running the AC run sthe fan all the time which should help cooling

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
thanks. my ac isnt hooked up, no belt running it.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I live in Tucson/Phoenix AZ. It is not uncommon to go over 115 degrees in Phoenix. Even at this temperature, I could sit in traffic for hours at idle, even with the a/c on, and the car would never overheat.

As long as your cooling system has been maintained it will handle this with ease.

If I were you I'd go at night though, like you said... so at least it's cooler for you!

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Don't forget you are talking about dry heat, which is a whole lot different than 100+ degrees and high humidity. Should be fine w/o running the heater. But if it is an actual desert-like climate, then driving at night will make you want to run the heat to keep warm, and there would be no chance of overheating.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard