Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Yeah

Car Enthusist Group

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'm trollin' it AND I'm moving from the Southwest...

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Still here. But the Contour, it frustrates me! Wanting to get a new car.

1999 SVT, Tropic Green No mods yet www.cardomain.com/id/stadtsoldat
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Are the Contour issues reliablility or availability of go fast 'stuff'? Or is it just the engineered obsolescence thing where the manufacturer stops making parts 5-7 years after the cars production stopped? I'm curious because I spend a lot of time on the road in Phoenix everyday (50 mi one way to work) and I've noticed how fast the original body Focus' are going away, and yet how many Contours I still see. I happen to know two SVTC's (both my sons) pretty well, I like them and think highly of the design and the drivetrain. I am really curious why the CEG in the Phoenix area is not buzzing with activity. We get 3 SVTC's out pretty regularly to the Dezert Focus G2G's, and other Contours (2-3 different ones) that occasionally show for our driving events (not had any complaints about these either......).

I apologize in advance for the lack of entries lately, the Dezert Focus group hasn't met since May and nearly all of them are going to Focus on the Beach this weekend so everyone has been distracted while getting their cars ready. The board is actually pretty funny watching all the last minute pleas for help. Like people trying to get front and rear bumpers painted with 7 days left.....

My youngest son just got back from Germany with his '98 SVTC, so bringing our family numbers in the valley back up to 2 SVTC's and 1 SVTF, and I always have the LS V8 as a back up as well (soon to get a front BBK). I can assure you we're 'in' for activities and G2G's.

Not cheap, but the latest project (sorry about the photo, it would seem I could chose from huge or ridiculously tiny):

Those are Voxx wheels with Pirelli Pzero Rosso 255/40-18's, and next going for 14" 6 pot BBK if TCE can work the LS's configuration. After that plans are for 1-1.5" lowering and a Borla......

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
hey Rode... I think Nathan's CSVT is the only one I've seen in last 6-8 months

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
will you keep me informed of the big brake package when you get more info - im interested

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by morbid:
hey Rode... I think Nathan's CSVT is the only one I've seen in last 6-8 months

Ditto!

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Another one has returned from 3 years in Germany. We went out and picked it up friday from Long Beach. 'Dora' is a '98 SVTC with 66K miles, and with some recent cosmetic work done by a German Ford dealer (now that's how a dealer is supposed to behave) is quite a nice looking car. It's silver and has the 17" SVTF wheels. Ran quite well coming back out to Phoenix, considering the heat, with only one brief heating incident (easily controlled after the AC was switched off) climbing those hilly bits. Pretty nice car that'll be in the area (largely in Prescott) for at least a couple years and will hopefully be seen at some future events.

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
cool! Looking forward to seeing it the next time I can get my car out

I'll have a big list of mods completed soon. Still prepping for the next NFS run!

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I have seen 3 svtcs in north phx in one day. Although one of them was mine. Plus one of my neibors has a black 98. So seeing two svtc in 1 day isn't very hard for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard