Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Does anyone know what the seat covers on our cars are made of, specifically 98+? I say this because in my dad's 95, it has the patterned cloth all over, where as in my 98 the pattern is only down the middle and a different fabric lines the sides and headrest.

I'm interested to know because I'd like to find out if they would shrink in the washing machine and make it difficult to put them back on.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You realize to machine wash the covers you need to tear down the seats and rebuild them again,which is definetly waaaaay more trouble than it's worth for you. They aren't just slipped over the foam,they're tied down with hog rings,velcro and plastic push pins.

I've torn down a set of rear seats from a '98 Mystique and you definetly won't enjoy yourself putting them back together,and I can only imagine the front seats will be more of a pain in the butt.

I build Chrysler seats for a living,so if you don't know what you're doing,don't do it. I wouldn't run the risk of machine washing the covers anyways. The covers themselves,atleast the ones I build,do expand and contract from heat and cold.

If you're bent up on washing the seats,why don't you just use an upholstery cleaner????

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Yeah, upholstry cleaner is an idea as well. I just figured a good machine wash would be better. I've already got a set of hog ring pliers on the way, and I have nothing to do all day for an indefinite amount of time. I just figured for dying the center parts, having the seat covers off and properly washed would yield better results.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
theres always these

ebay seat covers

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Steam Clean FTW

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
eh..I used that duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray on a sock...doesn't seem like it will hold up on high rub areas

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint isnt going to work on seats, its already starting to fade (rub off) on my driverside door panel (but I only put 2-3 heavy coats on).. probably need more like 6-7

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
What are you doing,wanting to change the colour of the interior? Don't spray the seats with fabric dye,that'll look like crap. Your best bet is go find some seats from a wreckers.

I had cloth seats in my Mystique and found an indentical Mystique like mine at a wreckers with a leather interior and $350 (Cdn) later,the front and back seats and all 4 door panels with the leather inserts were mine. However,they were already the same colour as my interior.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Either steam clean like said above or use a carpet cleaner or tuff stuff.

I have a can of this stuff and it works wonders.

Last edited by Mystique97; 06/24/06 03:29 AM.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Mystique97:
Either steam clean like said above or use a carpet cleaner or tuff stuff.

I have a can of this stuff and it works wonders.

yep tuff stuff rocks! been using it for years

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard