Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Anyone know about the inspection rules? I registered my truck last week, and they told me that I had a week (I think it was, or was it 2) to get it inspected.

I didn't do it earlier, because the horn wouldn't work and I needed new wipers. I fixed both of those things last night. I am over a week though.

Are there late fees or penalties, etc.? Or am I just at risk by driving around without a sticker? I really don't have time (or $$) until end of next week.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
im pretty sure they dont charge you a late fee when you go to get your late inspection... but you are at risk of getting caught without up-to-date registration
im not proud of it but i was driving with a Rejection sticker since january and only got it passed end of april. luckily i didnt get caught but theres always the chance (supposedly $50 fine, but if youre related to Goonz you might lose your license )

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
you have 7 days from date of registration.
and there are no late fees.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Definitely would recommend getting it inspected and then just tooling around with a Rejection sticker. You have 30 days to get the Rejection sticker fixed, and you don't have to pay to get it re-inspected. (at least I didn't in 2002 when the Contour failed for tie rod ends.)

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
it all depends on what it fails for.
safety items have to be repaired immediately
and emmisions items have 60 days.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ElKy:
it all depends on what it fails for.
safety items have to be repaired immediately
and emmisions items have 60 days.

odd .. tie rods were definitely a safety issue, and I had 30 days no problem ..

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Rouar:
Definitely would recommend getting it inspected and then just tooling around with a Rejection sticker. You have 30 days to get the Rejection sticker fixed, and you don't have to pay to get it re-inspected. (at least I didn't in 2002 when the Contour failed for tie rod ends.)

Well, I already missed the 7 days. I don't have time to do it right now, and with all the repairs and registration expenses, etc. I really can't afford the $29 this week. It's that or gas to get to work!

Our $$ situation right now really sucks ! Trying to fix get fixed the Contour really bled us dry!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
yeah, i had a rejection sticker on my svt for about two months before i got around to getting it fixed. failed due to window tinting but the most cops ever said was to get it done asap. i just didn't have that much time back then since i just started a new job and didn't wake up that early on the weekends. plus, i just kinda forgot about it but yeah just get it done as soon as you can and i'm really sorry to hear about the car.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
got the SVT inspected saturday.
only needed safety so it was quick and easy.

but today on teh way to work a threw a CEL!
blah!!!

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Better to have the CEL after inspection rather than before.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard