Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
so how did u get all that tar off pete?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by hmouta:
so how did u get all that tar off pete?

I started with Goo Gone and it was taking too much product and not getting much off. It was so thick and I wanted to us a scraper, but did not want to risk damaging the paint in any way. I had to us 3M Adhesive, Bug & Tar Remover. That even took a lot of elbow grease. Followed with Goo Gone and a wash. Came out great.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
shoulda used a belt sander!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ElKy:
shoulda used a belt sander!

nope...it would gum-up the belt, I'd say a die-grinder at high rpms

peanut butter is supposed to be good for getting gum out of carpets too...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
You could try some WD40 and let it sit for a while

Never worked that great for me. Plus the film it leaves.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by todras:
Now we've all had tar on our cars now and then. Any use peanut butter to remove it? Guess it works pretty darn good from a brief Google search. Better than the removal products you buy at the store. Works on wax that has touched rubber too. Guess the peanut oil does wonders. Maybe I'll try Nutella as a light polishing compound.

Don't you DARE waste Nutella!!! It's the most delicious treat ever.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
PB works great for removing tar from the car, but I cant get the wax and grease taste out of my mouth now. Plus I think I burnt my tongue on the hood. The lady next door keeps calling me Jiffy and inviting me over for milk and sandwiches now though. She says if I come over she can get rid of the dog. Strange.

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard