Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 53 54
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
In our "unofficial" post for the Fall Dragon Run it was decided that the second weekend in October (13th-15th) would be our best date as everyone seems to like that weekend. This gives us time to let www.tailofthedragon.com know about our plans and we can go up on their website like we've done in the past

This will be my fourth year in a row running the Dragon and it never gets old! I plan on bringing a couple SE MI CEG-ers to the run this year, I've made a promise to get SOMEONE down here with us. One local CEG-er looking to go is Trapps and his Volvo S60R! I expect that AWD beast to carve up the Dragon and speaking of "AWD Beast", Hector will be making his return after 2 years and is chomping at the bit to run his EVO , so he'll be coming down with as well. I have a couple other guys to target and either myself or them personally can come on in here with their RSVP

I can't stress enough how much fun the Dragon Run is, but to those who haven't run it before, let me give you some advice:

-tires and brakes MUST be in great shape

-run it normal the first time out

-DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO

-if you've got a crotch rocket behind you and he can pass, waive him by

-any other maintence should be done before hand, everything is maxed out in your car down there

-bring your 2-way radio

-HAVE FUN

We can either pass along hotel/motel/cabin info here or in a seperate post, but I stay in the cabins in Tellico Plains Tennessee. Its called Caney Creek Village www.caneycreekvillage.com I paid about $165.00 for 3 nights as I come in on Thursday, my travel day and I really like these cabins for a number of reasons. One is their clean and nice, like something your family owns but even more important is the fact that their right where the Cherahola Skyways starts. They also have a cabin that sleeps 8, so those of you looking to save some money and have a couple buddies coming along its perfect for you guys! The Skyway runs right into the Dragon and is an AWESOME road in its self The elevation changes are amazing, anywhere from 3-5,000 f+ with signs along the way to tell you as much. There's areas where you can pull over and take pics and even go to the restroom when nature calls I'd like to tell you that there's NOTHING out there though, so its something to keep in mind.

Please feel free to ask any questions, make comments, tell us how pumped up you are for the run, whether its your first time or 100th time I look forward to not only the run, but meeting up with everyone I only get to see once a year and making and meeting new friends out there, its all about the people out on the Dragon

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
OK guys i have a tenative reservation for the largest cabin at Caney Creek for that weekend, it is 119 a night and split like 7 ways is 17 BUCKS A NIGHT! I need it know within 7 days from this post.

2000 T-red SVT #1049 of 2150
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Cabin 6 is apparently the largest - Cabin 6:
2 Bedroom cabins with Jacuzzi or hot tub sleep 7,
full kitchen, satellite TV .....$129 nite.

Did we get $10 off because of off season?

But there is only 2 bedrooms? Or am I misreading something. It says the cabin can sleep 7. I guess they have cots or pull out couches.

*calling husband to get more answers*

Southeast CEG Fall Dragon Run ~October 13, 14 & 15~ 2003 Ford Focus LX 2000 Ford Contour SVT #1049 of 2150 1999 Ford Contour SE Sport ~*RIP 7-19-2004*~ 1990 Ford Tempo All Wheel Drive
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
1st post says $165 for 3 nights is that per night? or for all three? It says it sleeps 8. Brad if the one your looking at is the biggest y only 7??? i'm confused lol

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by icysvt:
1st post says $165 for 3 nights is that per night? or for all three? It says it sleeps 8. Brad if the one your looking at is the biggest y only 7??? i'm confused lol

Sorry about that, but the cabin I get there is for 2 people as its basically got one room w/ one bed The price is unbeatable as well as the location

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Originally posted by icysvt:

Sorry about that, but the cabin I get there is for 2 people as its basically got one room w/ one bed The price is unbeatable as well as the location

Yes, and that is where we'll be staying.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Trey if you go to the Caney Creek website under "rate sheet" it describes the largest cabin is a two bedroom that can sleep up to 7 people. Brad called and they quoted him $119 a night for that cabin. If seven people stay in that cabin, it breaks down to $17 dollars per person per night. We're talking Fri into Sat/Sat into Sun. *Brad's on the phone with you right now-but I'll keep typing anyway LOL*

So since Klasse Act and Evolution have their own cabins we'll have a pretty good party going espically if the cabins are like number 4, 5, and 6.

People in cabin 6 so far (Married couples get the bedrooms!):
1. Brad
2. Kristy
3. Ross
4. Trey
5. Brian

Hey Eric - you and your wife want spots 6 and 7? I can't be the only girl!

The sooner we get a solid reservation the better. October 14th is an OFF UT Football day. That means everyone will be getting married that weekend and wanting cabins/chalets. (as we ran into that problem last year trying to find a honeymoon place at the last minute). It also means more traffic potentially on the Dragon and in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.

I guess if more people want to do the run as time goes on (cough cough Amanda cough cough) maybe the other single room cabins will be avaiable. Hey Bonnie, want to stay at Caney Creek too? What about the friends you're bringing from Michigan Roger?

~I'm a Leo by the way.... If you can't tell. LOL Contrary to the state of my car and apartment I'm very organized.~ I apologize if I'm stepping on anyones toes.

Southeast CEG Fall Dragon Run ~October 13, 14 & 15~ 2003 Ford Focus LX 2000 Ford Contour SVT #1049 of 2150 1999 Ford Contour SE Sport ~*RIP 7-19-2004*~ 1990 Ford Tempo All Wheel Drive
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I'm looking to get the "apple cabin", which is the second from last one, so I'm only a couple down from you guys in the "Palace".

As far as whom I'm bringing, well, I gotta send Trapps a PM about this because he told me to let him know when we set this up, so now that its set up I will I'm also looking at Stazi, Barge and Steeda to make the trip, we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Nah Pokat, we usually don't stay up there. We live an hour from Sweetwater; it's easier to just go home.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 53 54

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard