Next Thread
Print Thread
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
forget the heatsink . i moved my imrc to my battery rack with no drilling at all. all you need is 1 quarter inch round head screw 2 washers and a nut and about a half hour of time. the hole is already there where the battery tie down slides onto the rear of the rack. look in my cardomain link and at the bottom of the page. before i did the mod my imrc seemed liek it was ready to be changed out but now it works perfect and engine goes through high rpm range a lot smoother. the valve cover heat realy is too much for the imrc. just relocate it before it completely fails , im sure it would. you will also have to put the battery cables aside so you can mount the imrc against the rack and pull the black tab that teh battry tie down clips on to. it also makes it easier if you route the electrical wires after the box is mounted and make sure you keep the imrc cable away from the water pump pulley.oh yeah and the screw should be around 1.5 inches long

Oh really?

I am currently looking for an SVT exhaust. If anyone has one for sale PM me or email me at BillyTFried@hotmail.com!!!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
um as I recall from that thread and it you look at the picture it isn't behind the battery it is beneith the battery

if you look closely it is attached at the bottom of the battery try and the battery tie down ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
i have made brackets for a couple of ceger's for the relocation of the imrc it relocates it underneath the air intake, i will post pics maybe if i have enough feedback i make a group buy

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by JustStock:
i have made brackets for a couple of ceger's for the relocation of the imrc it relocates it underneath the air intake, i will post pics maybe if i have enough feedback i make a group buy

Ummm, you HAD enough interest and you disappeared.

I don't think anyone will get involved in a group buy after that.

IMRC Relocation

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BrApple:
um as I recall from that thread and it you look at the picture it isn't behind the battery it is beneith the battery

if you look closely it is attached at the bottom of the battery try and the battery tie down ...

Yeah, and also that is a different battery tray than in the pictures. It changed in 99 (?) I believe.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SVT4STD:

Yeah, and also that is a different battery tray than in the pictures. It changed in 99 (?) I believe.

good point, but the idea was the imrc was moved to under the battery not behind it

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C

good point, but the idea was the imrc was moved to under the battery not behind it

Thats what I did. 1 bolt and 1 zip tie is all I used to mount it underneath the battery. No problems so far.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
A little more detail on the relocation solution for IMRC over heating would be nice.

I am currently looking for an SVT exhaust. If anyone has one for sale PM me or email me at BillyTFried@hotmail.com!!!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BillyT:
A little more detail on the relocation solution for IMRC over heating would be nice.

What detail do you need? Pick a nice cool spot and mount it. Not hard.

Under the intake or under the battery tray.

Choose your own mounting method. (i.e. zip ties, bolts and nuts)

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BillyT:

I was lazy and in a rush.

I used one bolt through a hole in the battery box to mount the IMRC directly under it. For the other side, I just used a zip tie to hold it. Re-route the cables as needed. Half-assed I know, but it worked fine.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard