Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by CSVT:
I have the exact same problem with my '98 SVT Contour. Left speakers don't work ever since I got it. It has a Sony CD player, everything else is stock.

I had a Sony that was in my 98 SVT when I bought it and only the driver's side front speaker would work, and occationally the back passenger one would work. I took that head unit out and put in my Pioneer Premier unit and installed my Eclipse speakers and it all works fine now. (Knock on wood )

98.5 SVT E0 Black/Midnight Blue All stock for now except the Cross Drill & Slotted Rotors and the Pioneer/Eclipse/Audiobahn system......more to come in the future.
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
im not going to lie...but i think the contour is a POS of a beast. my car does the same, my rear left passenger speaker doesn't work after bypassing the stupid factory amp. oh and now one of my subs doesnt work for some reason but that's not the contour's fault it's probably mine or the sub's lol...

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The right side speakers of my car dont work. All aftermarket, seem to short out. I think it has to be the connection in the HU because when I pull it out I can get it to work again, or it just comes back on when I am least expecting it.

3L process done
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I have the same sort of issue. Last night I was installing subs, needed the remote wire for the amp, disconnected it from the harness, and all I had were subs. I'm sure the problem with certian channels not working is because you have a head unit pushing sound through that is already amped, into another amp.

If anyone knows an easy was to bypass the factory amp, lemme know.

-Ted

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Read FAQ BEFORE asking a question. link for a noob

2000 svt contour 1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Did you read the link about bypassing the amp BEFORE you came and posted that?

All the pictures that go along with the guide, which is completley useless without them, are missing. So how about you stop being a dick about thing, and just give me an answer.

I have a wiring harness at the moment, but everywhere I go for the bypass harness, there aren't any pictures to see if I have the correct connectors. I have a black, square 8 wire connector, and a wide light grey connector. If someone could post something helpful, that would be great.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard