Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I just got a new deck and I'm not getting any sound at all from the left speakers. I have checked the settings in the deck but its not that.

I guessing its a wiring thing, but I though it weird I would mess up both the left speakers?

Help?

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Some HU will go into protection mode and shut down when something is not right. I wonder if only one side of the amp would or could shut down because of an issue?

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
N
N
I am having the same problem! I have a pioneer HU. Do you still have the factory amplifier powering the speakers? If anyone coould help with this that would be great.
mike

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
mine does this sometimes, i have to shut the car off then turn it back on and then its fine, wtf?

all the wires are fine and i don't have a factory amp.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Occasionally my front driver speaker doesn't produce sound when I first get into the car. I turn up the volume, it works. Also, my rear passenger speaker cuts out sometimes.

I thinks its a fluke with the cars wiring.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I don't have the factory amp, I have the bypass harness installed.

Either way I fixed the problem. The pins going from the aftermarket harness (the black square plug) were not lining up with the factory hookup in the dash.

You can see if you have the same problem by pulling the pins out of the aftermarket square connector and place them in the correct location in the factory connection. If the speakers now work, then the pins simply need to be bent to line up with the factory connection.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
C
C
I have the exact same problem with my '98 SVT Contour. Left speakers don't work ever since I got it. It has a Sony CD player, everything else is stock.

Chris Caselli '67 Mustang Fastback project car '98 SVT Contour daily driver
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i used to have the same problem with my stock HU. It went away when i ripped it and the stock amp out. I dunno which one was the problem though.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I have an issue along the same lines as this. I have an Alpine HU, and the left/front speaker does not push as much sound as the rest.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have the same problem with my car, hmm wonder what it is.

2000 svt contour 1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard