Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1594395 06/24/06 04:35 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
My Injectors are orange, from a 98 EO SVT

I have the UIM/LIM off and FUel rail and injector harness off and the injectors out. I flushed the injectors several times with 9v battery and injector cleaner forced through with compressor at about 100lbs going through the injectors. All 6 were opening and closing properly when the battery was attached to the terminals and seem to flow well. a fair amount of build up came out. Upon inspecting the injectors, I noticed one of them was missing the small plastic injector tip/washer at the LIM end of the injector. The tip is a plastic washer looking thing which goes on just below the lower o-ring. Question is, can I reinstall without this little plastic tip or is it vital to the operation of the injector or cause leaks if missing. I did find the washer broken.

On another note- I am having the UIM/LIM totally scrub a dub dubbed as it is filthy on the secondary port side. I looked into the intake head ports and the secondary head ports are soo clogged, I am not sure how to clean them without pulling the heads. I fear there is so much build up in there, it is compromising the valve seat/seal when the valve closes in the combustion chamber.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Mike

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
#1594396 06/24/06 08:50 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
There is a FAQ on this topic as well as many posts.

One of the ways to keep stuff falling into the cylinders that have intake valves open is to stuff rags down the port while you are cleaning. For the cylinders that the valves are closed, you can suck out the cleaner and it's junk with a shop vacuum. Two of the better products for cleaning this mess are Berryman's and Valvoline Synpower throttle body cleaner.

Once it is properly cleaned, an ocassional vacuum suck of Berryman's with the engine running will help keep it from getting so dirty.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#1594397 06/24/06 09:07 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Once it is properly cleaned, an ocassional vacuum suck of Berryman's with the engine running will help keep it from getting so dirty.

That and getting a PCV oil catch can.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1594398 06/26/06 02:59 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Thanks for yor posts. I have the info on how to clean the ports etc. I need to know about the injector washer. The plastic one.

Mike

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard