Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by ElKy:
sweet!!!
now to come up with a way to put the mentos in there and be able to cap the bottle!

BOOM!!

You need to coat them with something that will dissolve in the coke after a certain amount of time without intense reaction.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by joe:
Yeah, this is in the sticks though, not the gleaming metropolis of Detroit. A horse fart makes the news here.

Hehe.

One night on the local news a year or so ago, their top story was about a person who found a wasps nest on his property near the sidewalk. They were treating him as a hero for cutting it down and getting rid of it since kids walk to school along that sidewalk.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
Originally posted by ElKy:
sweet!!!
now to come up with a way to put the mentos in there and be able to cap the bottle!

BOOM!!

You need to coat them with something that will dissolve in the coke after a certain amount of time without intense reaction.

I was thinking more along the lines of taping or stringing a bunch of mentos together, and attaching it to the inside of the bottle cap. Lower them into the bottle(make sure level of Pepsi is lower than Mentos) and twist the cap. Then, either tip the bottle over, throw the bottle, drop the bottle from a building.....

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I was thinking more along the lines of taping or stringing a bunch of mentos together, and attaching it to the inside of the bottle cap. Lower them into the bottle(make sure level of Pepsi is lower than Mentos) and twist the cap. Then, either tip the bottle over, throw the bottle, drop the bottle from a building.....

Mark

Problem is that, as you can see in the video, the reaction is much too quick for you to even have time to twist the cap.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Problem is that, as you can see in the video, the reaction is much too quick for you to even have time to twist the cap.

You didn't read my post carefully. I said that the Mentos need to be at a higher level than the Pepsi, after you screw the cap down. So basically, the Mentos are hovering over the Pepsi, waiting to come in contact with eachother. It's up to you if you want to shake it up and see if it explodes.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ahh - I see. But then the explosion wouldn't be nearly as intense! You need like 10 or so Mentos to do the trick - lowering that amount means you sacrifice a lot of soda level.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by KyleH:
Originally posted by joe:
Yeah, this is in the sticks though, not the gleaming metropolis of Detroit. A horse fart makes the news here.

Hehe.

One night on the local news a year or so ago, their top story was about a person who found a wasps nest on his property near the sidewalk. They were treating him as a hero for cutting it down and getting rid of it since kids walk to school along that sidewalk.

is that the Canadian version of Superman or something?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Just saw this last week for the first time myself....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-197826019194600575

...better than the fountains at Bellagio in Vegas!

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

so, we know that Mentos makes Coke explode, but now water makes cardboard explode? I gotta see this!

btw, I'd like a link to that horse fart story. Sounds interesting.

doesn't make it explode...the water hits the device with so much force that it's detonator is destroyed before it even has a chance to go off.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

so, we know that Mentos makes Coke explode, but now water makes cardboard explode? I gotta see this!

btw, I'd like a link to that horse fart story. Sounds interesting.

doesn't make it explode...the water hits the device with so much force that it's detonator is destroyed before it even has a chance to go off.

you ruined my fun
you're on a one week suspension from my b/f list

Last edited by frenchblueC2; 06/21/06 12:33 AM.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard