Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1594053 06/20/06 03:03 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
im no engineer but i know four of them personally.

my cousin got her bs/masters in structural engineering and works as a manager in a factory (manufacturing engineer?) making sure things run smoothly.

my friend got his bs in civil engineering and works for a power company traveling around the state checking the company's dams for structural integrity etc... He's a "dam engineer" he also worked for some automtive companies in hybrid technology development.

my brother in law is a network engineer. got his AA in computers(?) then his MCSE (microsoft certified software engineer) which is a BIG plus in his field. he runs an IT network/dept.

his father, got his BS from DeVry in computer engineering(?). has worked on everything from programming to product design. his current company does a lot of work with high tech led products. he makes some big coin.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1594054 06/20/06 03:06 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Bachelor of Engineering (Mech) - University of Western Australia

If you decide you want to do this better ready yourself for serious work. And unless you're good at math; specifically geometry, trigonometry, algebra and mathematical problem solving, you're hosed.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1594055 06/20/06 03:08 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
BS in Aerospace Engineering
BS in Mechanical Engineering

Current Position: Applications and Development Engineer - Brembo North America

Basically, I am responsible for brake system sizing and system integration. However I am also heavliy involved in vehicle development: maintaining and updating DVP's, vehicle evaluation and testing (street and road course), etc.

Before that I worked as a design and release engineer at Ford. Before that I did a brief stint with Canon, as a project engineer for a laser printer line.

-Todd

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
#1594056 06/20/06 03:16 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Stazi:
If you decide you want to do this better ready yourself for serious work. And unless you're good at math; specifically geometry, trigonometry, algebra and mathematical problem solving, you're hosed.

very good point right there.
I helped Mike with his homework a couple times in college, and it was pretty intense.
Thankfully I had a pretty decent background in math.

I wish I woulda known about being an actuary back before I chose a career path. Hot damn! talk about coin!

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1594057 06/20/06 03:31 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
BS Mechanical Engineering

I was a design and release engineer at Ford for about 5 years; I worked on a number of specialty mustang projects in various capacities, and then the last few of those years I was responsible for brake actuation components for a number of vehicles.
Then I spent a year at Ford as a Brake Development Engineer, doing all sorts of new model brake system testing.

Then Ford laid off a ton of people, including me, so now I will be starting at TRW next month as a resident engineer handling valvetrain components.

And in my "spare" time over the last 3 years, I've been helping build and campaign road racing mustangs in Grand Am Cup.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#1594058 06/20/06 03:41 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Rara:
so now I will be starting at TRW next month as a resident engineer handling valvetrain components.

Damn. No more jobless teasing now.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1594059 06/20/06 03:45 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I used to be a parts transportation engineer. Okay, so that's what I would call my job at the Ford dealership, driving around and picking up parts for the techs.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1594060 06/20/06 03:47 PM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I'm currently working on a Mechnical Engineering degree. So far, one year in, I'd say if you you like math, any type of engineering degree will need more than enough mathmatics.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
#1594061 06/20/06 03:52 PM
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:

Math is something I've always been good at... I actually somewhat enjoy it. I'm not expecting it to be easy, this is something I have been toying with for awhile now. And I need to sh!t or get off the pot and find something new.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this, its very helpful.

#1594062 06/20/06 03:57 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
My borther is a Mechanical Engineer working at Daimler-Chrysler, was with Daimler before the merger.

He also holds his PE license.

In college he stuidied his ass off and made connections through the schools various student projects. He worked on the high mileage team car and competed. He was also active with SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)

His first job out of college was with Hyster, the forklift company. He wasn't all that thrilled with the work as he did alot of CAD.

He managed to work his connections through SAE and get a interview with one of Daimlers subsidiaries.

His first job at Daimler was in the Axle & driveline group, he then became bored and began taking EE classes at night. He moved departments and worked in the speedometer group.

He also stayed active in SAE and became President of the state.

He became bored and decided he wanted to do a foreign tour, began German lessons at night and got a 2yr tour to Stuttgart. He completed his 2yr tour last year and got a job stateside working on the production line in the cab body area. He supervises the area of roughly 200 union guys + 4 supervisors.

He turns 33 this July.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard