Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tony D Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
So my car is a 3 bolt (w/flex) cat and the MSDS y pipe is a 2 bolt.

Can i just swap out to a 2 cat?

PS i just got more confused when i searched

Cheers

TonyD

1998 Contour SE Panasonic CQ-DFX683 Sound by Crystal Mobile & Illusion Audio Powered by Alpine MRP-F240, Alpine MRP-M350 My Ride
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I beleive TruBendz can hook you up with a cat like that.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
You could also contact this place and purchase a 3 bolt flange from them. I believe you can order it with or without pressed in bolt studs also.

http://www.exhaustdirect.com/pages/oeflanges.htm#

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by dpa43:
You could also contact this place and purchase a 3 bolt flange from them. I believe you can order it with or without pressed in bolt studs also.

http://www.exhaustdirect.com/pages/oeflanges.htm#

yes it cost me $3.50 for the 3 bolt flange. But if you are going to make your three bolt y pipe work you will also need a flex pipe. The you will need to remove about an 8 in section from the pipe that comes out the back side of the cat that has the two bolt flange that connects to your cat back exhaust. Re-weld the two bolt flange on(after the 8 in removed) then weld the three bolt on the front of the cat.
Read here for an other questions. Headers FAQ

Here is a picture or how mine turned out.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard