Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I know this is off topic for the thread I posted but. How many of you guys would like to see a set of map lights where they belong up front not behind your head?

This is another project I've been toying with is building of a new map light and location for a small items tray right behind the visors.
If they look good I would be willing to make them for us but I would charge enough to cover the expense of the build up and shipping. I would make it a very simple install for tapping the power in the headliner.

So what do you say guys and ladies?

99 Ford Contour SE T Red XM Radio CD/MP3 Player Aftermarket Wheel covers debadged
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Look up chris carr or i think his name on here is carraudio, he does some amazing stuff with molding and whatnot. He's usually in the Southwest forum, but I haven't seen too much of him lately, he's got a website and everything showing his work. Hope this helps.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
IMO, you're not going to be able to create a center console that has what each person wants:
- cupholders, yes/no
- gauge pods, yes/no
- higher armrest, yes/no
- accessory tray, yes/no
- etc. the list goes on and on.

You're really better off taking orders and custom building them for each person.

Originally posted by Augi:
post '97 console

FYI: "Pre-98" and "98+" are the terms used.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by jtmccann81:
How many of you guys would like to see a set of map lights where they belong up front not behind your head?

I bet you don't have a sunroof since you have a post 98 ...

as the pre 98s have the dome light and map lights up front at the leading edge of the headliner, the post 98 cars have the dome and map lights in the center of the roof but if you have a sunroof they are up front like the pre-98s. All mystiques have the rear dome light and therefor I believe have the front dome/lap light up front.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I'll take that advise, but my point of asking what people hate about our center console was to help me in making a new one for my car. I planned on showing with pics and a howto how it can be done.

99 Ford Contour SE T Red XM Radio CD/MP3 Player Aftermarket Wheel covers debadged
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I unfortunatly dont have a sun roof in this car. That is why I was asking this off thread question.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by BrApple:

as the pre 98s have the dome light and map lights up front at the leading edge of the headliner, the post 98 cars have the dome and map lights in the center of the roof but if you have a sunroof they are up front like the pre-98s.

My '98 has no sunroof, and my dome/map lights are up front between the visors. Maybe it was a 99+ change.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by BrApple:

as the pre 98s have the dome light and map lights up front at the leading edge of the headliner, the post 98 cars have the dome and map lights in the center of the roof but if you have a sunroof they are up front like the pre-98s.

My '98 has no sunroof, and my dome/map lights are up front between the visors. Maybe it was a 99+ change.

good to know, I only have our 95 and 99s to judge by

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard