Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I've been haveing great luck in making my own custom molded sub enclosures for friends and for my car.

I was wondering if anyone has done a custom molded center console? and yes I did seach the forums first.

I wanted to make a real unique center console that would look good and function well. I will be taking photos of the process step by step to post if it works out. I will be using a 99 SE center console for the basic form then moddifying the new molded form to something I like that looks good and funtions well.

Next question is what did all of you hate about your center consoles? Bad storage, not tall enough cup holders, etc.? Any special requests?

I have 2 gallions worth of resin ingrediants and about 15ft of Light weight fiberglass cloth left over after my last sub project. That I will be useing for the new console fabrication.

99 Ford Contour SE T Red XM Radio CD/MP3 Player Aftermarket Wheel covers debadged
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Well I guess you could call this custom but its a pre 98...

I just picked this up from Swazo...

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Here's one that SpeedDemon from here had done.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
SpeedDemon did an awesome job molding everything in. Did he do it himself? If he did, that is some major kudos.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Im going to need to pick up one of those consols for some upcoming goodies...

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by dpa43:
Here's one that SpeedDemon from here had done.

hadnt seen this before. awesome job

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I may have to get another console to modify. Where do you get the material for all of this? My complaint is the cupholders for th pre '98 console ( I have actually considered buying a post '97 console because of the cup situation.)

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Complaints cup holders, arm rest not high enough.
Good luck man, I am getting in to fiberglass my self its great stuff.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I custom order my fiberglass stuff offline from a lot of places. the best trick I found for good smoth surfaces is to cover the fiberglass enclosure with speaker grill fabric and coat it in resin. I get a nice smooth sand able/paintable surface every time.

I too have noticed the cupholders, the arm rest, the very low 12v acsessory plug and the lack of places to put other goodies.

so here it is the current complaint list
our cup holders.
the arm rest must be higher.
move the 12v plug higher and add a second one for the passanger.
and more storage for cds and other in car items.

Last edited by jtmccann81; 06/20/06 01:51 PM.

99 Ford Contour SE T Red XM Radio CD/MP3 Player Aftermarket Wheel covers debadged
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Augi:
Where do you get the material for all of this?

I get my fiberglass from fan8 on ebay here is the link to his store fiberglass , they sell the scrap pieces that are pretty big squares for a lot less then rolls or sheets of fiberglass.

Resin I get from auto parts stores because I think you have to pay extra on shipping since its considered hazardous.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard