Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
My car began life as a test drive car... You know it was taken out hard from mile one.

As did mine. They had one of each of the 4 colors. Mine was the test drive model, and it had 260 miles on it when I picked it up. Since day one, I've given her what she likes.

Mark

Action from the rear?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i'm in the 14's with intake/headers/exhaust/and UDP's

A built trans is a must

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
With manufacturing standards that have been in place in America for the past 10-15 years, there is no such thing as a factory freak. It all comes down to how the engine was broken in

Disagreement here! <yep>

I can't for the life of me see how breaking in an engine can make THAT much of a difference. In longevity of the engine yes, but power production, NO.
That is solely a product of mass flow in, and power extracted, or the efficiency of it. Then of course there is weight, atmospheric properties the day it was tested...etc.

I totally agree. I've heard of SHOs pulling 14.5s with just a filter and I've heard of fox body mustangs pull 13s stock. Plus some people just drive like mad men at the track!

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by giddyup306:
With manufacturing standards that have been in place in America for the past 10-15 years, there is no such thing as a factory freak. It all comes down to how the engine was broken in

Disagreement here! <yep>

I can't for the life of me see how breaking in an engine can make THAT much of a difference. In longevity of the engine yes, but power production, NO.
That is solely a product of mass flow in, and power extracted, or the efficiency of it. Then of course there is weight, atmospheric properties the day it was tested...etc.

I totally agree. I've heard of SHOs pulling 14.5s with just a filter and I've heard of fox body mustangs pull 13s stock. Plus some people just drive like mad men at the track!

I've also seen mustangs run 15.1s stock.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Disagreement here! <yep>

I have never seen a 5.0 run 13's stock. the best I have seen is 15.0

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:

Disagreement here! <yep>

I have never seen a 5.0 run 13's stock. the best I have seen is 15.0

Ya even with slicks i am pretty sure a stock 5.0 would make it into the 13's. They got a good bit of torque...but the HP is just lacking in that motor without some work to go with it.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The rumor has it that in like 87 88 (The speed density ones...suspected to run leaner than the MAF ..later models)
stripper 5.0 lx's with headers, gears, and tractions bars with GOOD tires mayb even slicks on a GOOD day with an awesome driver could break into 13.9x's.

They meant stock...like engine work I think.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Can we get back to talking about 14 second contours?

Even though most of the attention here was on duratecs, doesn't SleeperZ belong here with maybe some other zetecs?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
The brohers bone stock 93 gt with the least power and tq of all years leading up to 93. He ran 14.4 with stock tires.

BONE STOCk 14.4's maybe he can drive right.

There is no way the fox body mustang in stock form can run 13.xx.No way in hell buddy save the bs.

I heard svts run 16.1 before in a 1/4 mile.(Cough Alex)

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Rickson:
There is no way the fox body mustang in stock form can run 13.xx.No way in hell buddy save the bs.

stock from the factory? no. but without any additional or different parts? absolutely.

been there, done that.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard