Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I have some 321 SS headers for my turbo kit. I used the headers for a year and now that I am building a bigger motor for my car how can I make my new headers look shiney and new again.
The headers are discolored and dull and need to be buffed back to new. I don't know where to start I have heard If I used abrasive materials the SS may rust and never stay shiney. It seems I need to use something strong to cut the grime and burnt oil off the headers. Then afterwards I guess I would buy a buffer wheel for a high speed drill and maybe some compound too.

Does anyone know the steps to get the best results and what materials I will need.
Basically this is the only part undermy hood which needs attention to make it show materials.

Thanks for the help Joey

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Have you thought about trying EagleOne's NeverDull? Comes in a tin can, available at wallmart, works friggin sweet on my tips

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
works friggin sweet on my man t!ts

W3rd. Mine too.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
works friggin sweet on my man t!ts

W3rd. Mine too.

X3!!!!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
EAGLE ONE POLISH like mentioned in prior post. I neglected my rims for 2 years!!!, they went through hell, winter, slush, salt, nastyness, they were dull, faded, and had etched in milky looking streaks that nothing could remove, nothing BUT EAGLE ONE POLISH! Allow the pictures to speak for the product. A bit of work indeed, but made my rims look brand new.

BEFORE

AFTER

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
I have some 321 SS headers for my turbo kit. I used the headers for a year and now that I am building a bigger motor for my car how can I make my new headers look shiney and new again.
The headers are discolored and dull and need to be buffed back to new. I don't know where to start I have heard If I used abrasive materials the SS may rust and never stay shiney. It seems I need to use something strong to cut the grime and burnt oil off the headers. Then afterwards I guess I would buy a buffer wheel for a high speed drill and maybe some compound too.

Does anyone know the steps to get the best results and what materials I will need.
Basically this is the only part undermy hood which needs attention to make it show materials.

Thanks for the help Joey

Neverdull and the like work well, but so does plain car polish like Mequiars Polish, and it can be done with some paper towels while you are working on the car. BUT, if you got a turbo who the hell is gonna see your header pipes from the top anyway?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by European:
EAGLE ONE POLISH like mentioned in prior post. I neglected my rims for 2 years!!!, they went through hell, winter, slush, salt, nastyness, they were dull, faded, and had etched in milky looking streaks that nothing could remove, nothing BUT EAGLE ONE POLISH! Allow the pictures to speak for the product. A bit of work indeed, but made my rims look brand new.

BEFORE

AFTER

Nice work. Wouldn't steel wool have worked just as well?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard