Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
.. cant be my rotors cause i had them replaced. thanks

Were the rotors "turned" (resurfaced) before installing? New rotors are usually not true (flat) and need to be "turned" too. Other things could be wheel bearings (do the 12 and 6 o'clock test), tie rods and lower ball joints (do the 9 and 3 o'clock test) and struts (push down and watch how many times it rocks, should not be more than one up and down and then back to normal).

whats the 6 and 12 and 9 and 3 tests? do u mean when u jack the car up and grab the wheel at these spots to test?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yes I had it jacked up and yes 9 to 3, 12 to 6 position i did

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
shakes on the steering wheel.

Rotors

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I guess your lucky having just the wheel shake, when I apply the brakes the whole car will, if i didnt have my hands on the wheel, swerve to one side rather insanely. ReasoN? I dont know, but it sure isnt fun always countering the force when braking. On the highway likewise, it'll start pulling like to one side or the other like a possessed-car. Hmm. All new brake work done recently, I dont know. Booo.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by European:
I guess your lucky having just the wheel shake, when I apply the brakes the whole car will, if i didnt have my hands on the wheel, swerve to one side rather insanely. ReasoN? I dont know, but it sure isnt fun always countering the force when braking. On the highway likewise, it'll start pulling like to one side or the other like a possessed-car. Hmm. All new brake work done recently, I dont know. Booo.

check the control arm bushing, I bet they are shot

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard