Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
So I was waxing (turtle wax carnauba) my Contour and wife's Mountaineer when it started raining. I was almost done buffing the 'tour with only roof and 2 door panels to go, but the wife's Mountainer is completely covered in dry haze. Looks like it won't dry out before dark. Do I just buff it out tomorrow evening when everything's dry (after a day's driving), or do I have to start over somehow? Looks like it was beading up pretty good already.

I know, do one section at a time and I wouldn't have this problem. Well I'm a lazy SOB. I just wanted to get it over with. I wanted to bypass the wax and use a sealant, but I haven't placed the order yet. This was an impulse wash/wax, though long overdue on the Mountaineer.

Andy 96 Contour V6 101000 miles
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
You shouldn't need a sealant after a wax, its just to protect it longer.

Once you have time and the car is dry, wash the car and wax it again just to be safe.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
It was an either/or with wax/sealant. I would have skipped the wax and used sealant since it protects longer. But being that I didn't have the sealant on order yet, I went ahead and waxed. Like I said, I'm lazy about these kind of things.

Andy 96 Contour V6 101000 miles
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
You should be fine buffing later. Just be cautious of any particles or debris that may have fallen on the surface of areas that need to be buffed.

You do not apply a sealant over a carnauba. Never. IF you use a carnauba, always over the sealant. A sealant alone is sufficient and you can layer it as many times as you would like.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Be very careful that noting is in the wax when you go to buff it out!! Driving for a day seems like you could collect things in the areas behind the wheels, make sure to check those completely.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
This whats so great about todays products, you can actually remove them the next day incase something like this happens...or in my case sometimes when I've missed an entire spot on my own car, removing it the next day w/o a problem, awesome

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Maybe god was punishing you for using Turdle wax?!?!?!?!

I used S100 4 months ago and it hasnt rained since!

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Maybe god was punishing you for using Turdle wax?!?!?!?!

I used S100 4 months ago and it hasnt rained since!

lol @ stebe.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Just so you know, as an experienced detailer ( owned a detailing /accesory store for 4 years) , carnuba wax is great for non clearcoat vehicles and has a great deep shine, but honest to god, you can remove it in one car wash! Its not durable at all.

I woudl go with a polymer wax, they have alot of UV protectant in them and the paint feels like freshly cleaned glass when you are done!

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
what do you think of collinite #467s wax

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard