Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I took a hard fall on some stairs during an ambulance call and messed by back and neck up really bad. I have been having horrible headaches and muscle spazzims(sp?)in my back ever since, this happened on the 5th. I had xrays but they where not clear so now I'm going this wensday to have an mri of my spine then go thursday to boston to see a nurologist.They are almost 100% sure I didn't break my back but most likley damaged some disc's and have swelling around my spinal cord causing the headaches and back pain, the mri will show what is going on. I'm on all kinds of drugs, painkillers, muscle relaxer, and stuff for my headaches. I had a realy bad headache the other day, made me vommit and had to go the emergency room for serious painkillers by iv.

I could hardly sleep or move for atleast 5days, I can move around now but I'm very stiff and it takes me a moment to get moving. If I sit I'm okay until I try to get up. If I move a certian way I get a spazzim(sp?again)in my lower back that will take my breathe away. I drove my car for the first time today and had to get in very slow and couldn't go to far it starts to hurt(dammit!!)and it was a chore to get out.

The worst thing is I may be looking at the end of my career has a firefighter. The doctors are pretty sure I will not be the same and most likely will not be able to perform the duties of my job. I will get a disabiliy retirement from the town if the doctors do find this to be the case. I could be facing surgery, physical theropy and a long rehab.

I'm rambling on here, I'm dam mad&sad at the same time. I'm looking at a long road ahead no matter how I look at it. I won't be doing any meets for awhile but I will post(I'm sure I'll be bored anyway ). I will let you all know whats going on has soon as I find things out.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by skunk:
I took a hard fall on some stairs during an ambulance call and messed by back and neck up really bad. I have been having horrible headaches and muscle spazzims(sp?)in my back ever since, this happened on the 5th. I had xrays but they where not clear so now I'm going this wensday to have an mri of my spine then go thursday to boston to see a nurologist.They are almost 100% sure I didn't break my back but most likley damaged some disc's and have swelling around my spinal cord causing the headaches and back pain, the mri will show what is going on. I'm on all kinds of drugs, painkillers, muscle relaxer, and stuff for my headaches. I had a realy bad headache the other day, made me vommit and had to go the emergency room for serious painkillers by iv.

I could hardly sleep or move for atleast 5days, I can move around now but I'm very stiff and it takes me a moment to get moving. If I sit I'm okay until I try to get up. If I move a certian way I get a spazzim(sp?again)in my lower back that will take my breathe away. I drove my car for the first time today and had to get in very slow and couldn't go to far it starts to hurt(dammit!!)and it was a chore to get out.

The worst thing is I may be looking at the end of my career has a firefighter. The doctors are pretty sure I will not be the same and most likely will not be able to perform the duties of my job. I will get a disabiliy retirement from the town if the doctors do find this to be the case. I could be facing surgery, physical theropy and a long rehab.

I'm rambling on here, I'm dam mad&sad at the same time. I'm looking at a long road ahead no matter how I look at it. I won't be doing any meets for awhile but I will post(I'm sure I'll be bored anyway ). I will let you all know whats going on has soon as I find things out.

My god, I'm at a loose for words This is the last thing I want to hear happen to a hero. And anyone that risks there life to save others is a hero! I will pray. I'm sorry again to hear this. Man.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Good lord! I'm really sorry to hear about this Skunk! I wish you a speedy recovery. In the interim, if there's anything you need, know that I'm just up the road in Auburn.

Take care and do what the doctors tell you. As you know the back and neck are too important! I seperated a shoulder in an ambulance call myself and rushed to get back out in the field now it acts up here and there.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the support guy's. I'm not going to rush anything that is for sure. I'm just going to take it easy. I'm sure alot of things will change even more depending on the results of the mri. I'll make sure to keep everyone up to date.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
That is always the worst thing to hear after an injury if you are in the emergency services. A carrer ending injury sucks, bad. Best of luck to you, and your recovery. You can always be a driver.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
... oh man, so sorry to hear. At least it's not a slipped disc, those are like stay-on-the-couch-all-week painful (one of my uncles had one). Like Ryan said - I'm around the corner too; should you need anything just call.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sorry to hear. I hope your recovery is quick.

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by cruises8:
Sorry to hear. I hope your recovery is quick.

best of luck, I am sure everythign will turn out fine

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Aw man!
sorry to hear this.

just let me know where those stairs are and i will make sure they dont make it to next week!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
shitttty. hope everything turns out alright and the recovery is quick

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard