Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Man I've searched thoroughly through the forums, and everywhere for that matter. Even the wrecker yards (wasn't my day), and still I wasn't able to find anything that'll replace the foglight housings for my old Mystique Foglight that's anything cheap. I mean if I can pick up an entire contour console for cheap, why are the fog light housings so expensive? Just asking you guys, if there is any replacement that uses BULBS (only reason I mention is that so I can replace or put in high performance bulbs) and is pretty cheap overall. I mean if you guys have some that you may want to sell me that'd be nice, otherwise i'd like to ask you guys what works and what was fairly inexpensive? The lowest price I was quoted was $50 a piece for any original one I wanted. If you guys have any suggestions I would enjoy that, and probably get out to the store ASAP, thanks guys.

EDIT*** also it'd help a lot if they fit in the stock brackets. Actually infact if any of you guys have your stock ones available I wouldn't mind a PM to discuss that if you wanted.

Last edited by m4gician; 06/17/06 09:46 PM.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Proburners-$20 at walmart
Cyberwhites-$40 at walmart

Hella and Piaa makes fog lights that fit the stock brackets but don't remember the price.

BTW, saturdays are pretty slow with response times of CEG members. Weekdays are the best time to post a topic.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Search much...

About five threads down. I even posted various prices from different web sites, but feel free to earch a bit more for a better price.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
proburners, optilux 2500, and if I recall correctly, cyberwhites aren't REALLY fog lights though, they are driving lights. I don't believe there is an inexpensive option( < $50) for real round fog lights.

edit: I guess you mystique guys don't need round fogs anyway

Last edited by hotdimmes; 06/17/06 10:35 PM.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
thanks guys for the help, are there any ones that'll use 893 bulbs? so that way I don't have to touch the wiring.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I don't know about that, I have one foglight housing that is good, the other has a crack in the top of it.

I bought a set of Hella FF75 (IIRC), and they are MUCH better than stock, much brighter and look way better. The also look like a stock set of lights when mounted...

I paid under $40 off of ebay shipped too! For the complete set including wiring... I used stock wiring anyways though...

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
"we DO NOT ship to Canada" , blah I don't know what to do about that but I did contact the seller about that and hopefully I'll have em in my Mystique next week

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Goin with the Hella's?? Awesome choice...

Here are a couple pics for those that are curious as to how they look...

And yes, I know they need to be aimed...

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
if you want stock fog lamp lenes, go to team ford parts.com

for pre 98 - $33

the assemble for the post 98 is only $54

I also noted that you can get just bracket still for the Contour ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Yes im going to be going with the hellas, im not going to be drilling holes onto the bracket i like plug and play . Just one question though, those lights look yellow more than the white. I went on eBay and they're cheap, just they won;t ship to me that's the thing, I've e-mailed them and questioned them (ebay 'ask seller a question') but hopefully they have a change of heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard