Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Does anybody know anything about this school? Im thinking of attending in January. The main reason is the contacts with the upperend of the auto industry ...BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. Mostly the BMW STEP program.
Just looking for some real world opinions, before I drop a large chunk of $$ on this. Thanks.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
One of my buddy's went to UTI and went throught the BMW STEP program. He said it was excellent. Keep in mind, those are advanced courses, so you really need to learn and be way into it. I'm thinking about going, but will be going through the HOT ROD U thingy instead. I say go for it. He's 21 and making over 3 times as much as i do.

-Contour's dead, but is being revived...
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by ford zetec2:
after than, what do i do with the 98 short shifter? do I place it in there like it is?

Stick it in your butt and rotate.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Striker2 here on CEG (Dan) is actually living here in Glendale Heights, Il. attending UTI.

Shoot him a PM........

Steve

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i have a few friends that went there here in Illinois. It is an amazing school under one condition. If you dont finish at the top of your class, you wont be going anywhere. Honestly thats how it was for a few friends. They didnt do too well and here they are working for muffler shops.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I am currently attending the phoenix(avondale)campus, I don't think the school is as good as it used to be. it's all about making money for the share holders now.
don't get me wrong it deff. is a great school but for the amount of money it could be better. The thing I hate most is the fact that they treat us like high school kids, granted there are alot of ignorant, annoying teenagers but I'm almost 24 now.....
I was planning on attending an MSAT(like Mercedes, Audi, or BMW) but recently I've gotten a job at Porsche N.Scottsdale, and I think I might stick it out here and work my way up...... I still have about 6mos left so we'll see what happens...

If your planning on doing for the MSAT's,than that is the way to go, the classes here aren't really all that tough.thehardest thing is, is keeping your attendance up. I've had perfect attendace until recently and that is one of the most important factors for the MSAT's.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure what your plan is but the Phoenix campus is the only one that actually gives you a Assoc. degree when you graduate, the rest are only tech. school degree's or whatever they call em'..

If you have any questions, pm or email me....

Last edited by Manch-VegasSVT; 06/18/06 03:00 AM.

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I attend UTI Orlando. I'm down to about 2.5 months left. So far, I've enjoyed it. It takes a lot of work to get into the MSAT programs. You really have to be dedicated in everything. Attendance, grades, professionalism, and a clean motor vehicle record. My friend just lost out on VW because of his driving record.

Definately make sure you keep ur attendance perfect. I've managed to do it up till this point and plan on keeping it that way.

Good luck,
Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Thanks for all the reply's, def, gained more insight.
How bad was your friends driving record? I have a few dings but they are all over 3 years old.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
my friend went to UTI. Now works as a BMW tech making about 60gs/yr

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
My friend got a couple tickets, moving violations, since he's been down here, mostly high end speeding tickets, but no DUI's, but he did get a careless or wreckless driving ticket, cant remember which it is.

If i remember correctly, 2 moving violations is the limit for most of the manufacturers, but absolutely no DUI's and 98% attendance. Most of them recquire 3.8 GPA min.

Good luck,
Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
If i remember correctly, 2 moving violations is the limit for most of the manufacturers, but absolutely no DUI's and 98% attendance. Most of them recquire 3.8 GPA min.

Good luck,
Robert

Hmm, the attendance thing is not a problem. the gpa isnt gonna be that hard,(im soo sick of my current profession, that it provides more motivation than needed.) Still have to check on the driving history. I would assume its whats on my insurance record and not my motor vehicle record?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard