Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1592354 06/17/06 05:53 AM
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
putting vinegar on my car after I wash it, then wax it after that and that the paint would look brand new, so I tried it on my and my moms cars and OMG!!! I can see an exact reflection of everything in my paint.

Anyone else know of some weird remedies of detailing or anything else car related.

I also use peanut butter to remove tar.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Augi:
so I tried it on my and my moms car

Good thinking. Try it out on someone else car!!!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Augi:
putting vinegar on my car after I wash it, then wax it after that and that the paint would look brand new, so I tried it on my and my moms cars and OMG!!! I can see an exact reflection of everything in my paint.

Anyone else know of some weird remedies of detailing or anything else car related.

I also use peanut butter to remove tar.

Weird. Do you let it dry on or towel it off? Do you just pour it on? Wet a rag?

What is it supposed to do?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
That's interesting. We need more details please.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
We need more details please.

x2

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Vinegar is very acidic. It absolutely cannont be good for the paint. At minimum, it will strip off the wax, and not in a good way. Bird crap is acidic too, and look what happens when it sits on the paint for awhile...

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
It acid is probably taking off all of the deposits (along with a few other things). Probably like a more agressive clay bar, except this can dry in tight spaces and slowly damage the paint.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
As mentioned, vinegar = acid, acid = corrosion. It light coating and wipe might eat off the top layer of old wax and or partially the clear coat. I won't not go overboard as mentioned acid + paint =

But hey if it works, go for it. I would try it in a small spot and give it a while and see what happens in the 2 weeks. If it seems like nothing seriously horrible. Go for it.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
It acid is probably taking off all of the deposits (along with a few other things). Probably like a more agressive clay bar, except this can dry in tight spaces and slowly damage the paint.

I wouldn't try doing this a lot. Use a polish to strip off the old wax and marks.

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Berkel:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:

I wouldn't try doing this a lot. Use a polish to strip off the old wax and marks.

I agree, claybar is a much more proven product.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard