Next Thread
Print Thread
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
So basically this is what is happening. I took my CD player out today after driving home from work to look at it and when I grabbed the player I damn near burnt myself! It was that hot! Whenever I am playing music with the volume up my subs are cutting out/popping horribly and sparatically with the subs playing the deck will shut off/face go blank. I then either a)have to hit the deck to turn it back on (first reaction) or b) the deck ends up not comming back on and comes on on its own after a min. or two. Whats up with this? Oh yea, and my car has some kind of power drain on it that made it not start the other day after work. Not sure if thats tied in or not bt thought I'd throw it out. TIA!

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You have loose connections, in both the subs and the head unit. Do you have a detachable face plate? If so, check the tabs that hold it on. And with the subs, check the wiring for fraying or bends or anything loose, even just pull out the current wires and rewire everything. Or you could also have a short somewhere, which is causing the power drain. Start checking wiring.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to start looking into that tomorrow.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard