Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
brian, you can borrow my truck if you want!
hehe

350Ci
4 barrel
4.10 gears
-----------
6 MPG

hehe

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BrApple:
I was hoping to use my Mystique because with straight highway driving it gets better the 30 mpg and that would mean I could make the trip on two tanks of gas ...

If you get a hitch for it, and tow a trailer your MPG will go down. So taking in to acount the price for the hitch and the MPG of the van you have a decision to make.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I've done both at the same time windows up. Like Mikey said, front huging the rear bumper. I believe I reclined the front seat a bit and had the fronts of the bumpers against the roof with either corners sticking into the front foot well and rear seat. However not going to happen with passengers. Drove 9 hours to SZing with a front SVT bumper this way.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
IMO, the best suggestion I've seen so far was the one about removing your bumpers and installing the SVTs when you get there. Your mileage down may suffer slightly, but no much. As for people seeing your car minus bumpers, think you'll ever see that car you passed again?

Pros:
    1. You can drive your car to get them
    2. You won't have to buy anything new to make it work i.e. bumper hitch
    3. You won't lose any interior room, high comfort level
    4. You'll still get better mileage than if you took a minivan or truck

Cons:
    1. Your car will look ghetto for six whole hours

Seems pretty obvious to me! Good luck which ever way you decide!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ElKy:
hehe

350Ci
4 barrel
4.10 gears
-----------
6 MPG

hehe

They'll fit in the Caddy........

May not save gas, but you'll be riding in style mang!

Off subject......
It really sucked trying to get the Kaotic bumpers home for me. Out the Moonroof, highway driving, on a windy day....

Any sympathy for me?

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Just want to let you know that shipping through Greyhound would prob. be around $75 for both.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I once fit an entire hood in my trunk, and a fender, and a parking light. My seats didn't fold down in my Contour

a few towels to tie around the bumper, then tie the trunk lid down to the hook, then your good to go

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TaurusKev:
I once fit an entire hood in my trunk, and a fender, and a parking light. My seats didn't fold down in my Contour

a few towels to tie around the bumper, then tie the trunk lid down to the hook, then your good to go

that must have been fun

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Originally posted by ElKy:
hehe

350Ci
4 barrel
4.10 gears
-----------
6 MPG

hehe

They'll fit in the Caddy........

May not save gas, but you'll be riding in style mang!

Off subject......
It really sucked trying to get the Kaotic bumpers home for me. Out the Moonroof, highway driving, on a windy day....

Any sympathy for me?

actually the caddy gets about 13mpg, so it would be more economical!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Ok the best I think is a combo approach.

Drive there with the rear bumper off the car and put the rear SVT bumper on. Then transport the front in the car back home.

You'd only have a half ghetto car on the way there and not loose any mpg on the way!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard