Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
BrApple...What If You Opened The Sunroof And Let The Corner Of The Rear Bumper Catch Some Air??? I Had To Do That With Mine, Although It Was In A Focus...I'm Not Sure If You Will Have Enough Clearance To Let It Sit On Its Butt Without Hitting The Bottom Of The Decklid.

problem is I am looking to take my mystique and it doesn't have a sunroof, the contour has a hanging amp rack that cuts off part of the area that folding the seats creates so that is a no go, the sub box in the mystique can be removed.

I was just wondering so I can take my car and not have to borrow someone elses or worst case rent a van to get down to GTOPete to pick the bumpers up

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
If you're going to remove seats, might as well take out the passenger's altogether too. I'm not sure if the tunnel was high enough to let the bumper sit normal, I know when it was turned face down, the sides hit the top of the decklid. If it will fit normal, you can probably sandwich the front [in front of] the rear & slide them towards the front of the car w/ the seats removed.

...or get the windstar

that is what I was wondering, if I could put the bumpers together and then slide them into the car with the front seat layed down, most likely going by myself, but if my gf wants to go I will try to take her taurus, but I think the area of the folding seats is smaller but of cause the car is larger ....

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
My hesitancy to try and put an SVT front and rear into a 4-door sedan is for potential damage to the interior of the vehicle and/or the bumpers themselves.

I think the SVT front can be flexed to fit inside the SVT rear.

I think the only way it will work would be to remove passenger seat, remove bottom of rear and slide the bumpers in. The trunk may not close, so it would have to be tied with some twine.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
My hesitancy to try and put an SVT front and rear into a 4-door sedan is for potential damage to the interior of the vehicle and/or the bumpers themselves.

I think the only way it will work would be to remove passenger seat, remove bottom of rear and slide the bumpers in. The trunk may not close, so it would have to be tied with some twine.

yes, I don't want to damage anything, time to move onto another plan ... thanks all for the input

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

The rear has the inner support & studs protruding...I don't think you can really put the front inside very far w/o risking damage from the studs. It seems that a different vehicle would be best. I will say absolutely no way for both of them & a passenger.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i think mikeyboy said he had fit both bumpers in his SVT and thats how he got the reverse dents in his trunk lid

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I have put an SVT rear in my car without folding down the seats. I just put the bumper diagonaly inside the cabin, opened the passenger front window just a bit, and let the end of the bumper stick out the window.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVZETEC:

Take some tools w/ you & swap out the bumpers & jamb your old ones in the car

This seems to be the best bet, this way you dont have to rent a van.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Or just drive there w/o bumper covers. Might look ghetto but it's not illegal. When you get there bolt them on.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by todras:
Or just drive there w/o bumper covers. Might look ghetto but it's not illegal. When you get there bolt them on.

maybe if I only had to go about an hour at most let alone 6.5 hours one way

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard