B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by BrApple:
was wondering if anyone had gotten both the SVT front and rear bumpers into a contour/mystique at the same time and if so howd ya do it?

So Todras... is that how you got over 19,000 posts? Just posting things like that?

he asked me if I was planning to put the SVT kit on my Contour at SZ and I said I was sourcing the parts, I am leaving my car the stock Medium Steel Blue Metallic so it will look something like this:

but with no vynl flames and I have FSVT wheels

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

So Todras... is that how you got over 19,000 posts? Just posting things like that?

Actually from flaming dumba$$es like you for asking about things they don't have a clue about.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Brian, that'll look great. I love that color w/ the SVT garb

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C

Actually from flaming dumba$$es like you for asking about things they don't have a clue about.

No need for that. I was just asking a question. It was sincere only because I do not see how somebody could have that many posts, my bad.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
BrApple...What If You Opened The Sunroof And Let The Corner Of The Rear Bumper Catch Some Air??? I Had To Do That With Mine, Although It Was In A Focus...I'm Not Sure If You Will Have Enough Clearance To Let It Sit On Its Butt Without Hitting The Bottom Of The Decklid.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

No need for that. I was just asking a question. It was sincere only because I do not see how somebody could have that many posts, my bad.

I interpreted it as sarcastic...drop it & get your own thread.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
SVT front is doable because it has much more flex to it. The SVT rear has the bumper brace on it so not nearly as much play. The only way to transport both would be to have parts of them hanging out of the trunk, which would be ok for a short trip but not entirely safe for long trip/highway speeds.

that still makes me wonder if it would fit with the front seat layed all the way back

Originally posted by SVT4STD:
The rear seats don't fold down flat, so maybe removing the backs to the seats will give enough space to fit both.

just have to remove the seat bottem to get the seat backs to lay flat.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BrApple:

The rear seats don't fold down flat, so maybe removing the backs to the seats will give enough space to fit both.

just have to remove the seat bottem to get the seat backs to lay flat.

True, but I think it would be very difficult to get the seatbelts back into the holes with the backing still installed. They will leave you little to no room to squeeze your hands under there I would think.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

True, but I think it would be very difficult to get the seatbelts back into the holes with the backing still installed. They will leave you little to no room to squeeze your hands under there I would think.

It's not too bad at all. A bit of a PITA but doable. Done it a few times for fuel pump R&R.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If you're going to remove seats, might as well take out the passenger's altogether too. I'm not sure if the tunnel was high enough to let the bumper sit normal, I know when it was turned face down, the sides hit the top of the decklid. If it will fit normal, you can probably sandwich the front [in front of] the rear & slide them towards the front of the car w/ the seats removed.

...or get the windstar

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard