Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Originally posted by my03TurboFerrariEnzo:
.....first they aren't soldiers, they are Marines. There IS a difference. Second, I'll await the FINAL report to come out.

Semantics - Soldier 1. somebody serving in army: somebody who serves in a military organization

The final report will be just that. A final report of a murder committed.

Its NOT semantics, but then again, most likely coming from one who's never served you wouldn't understand the difference between a Sailor, an Airmen, a Soldier, or a Marine would you? Each service has a different designation for a reason. I'd like you to walk up to a platoon of Marines, or even a fireteam and call them soldiers, I'd also like for you to do the same to a platoon of Soldiers and call them Marines...I could almost gurantee you'd be limping home or wake up in the hospital.

Not necessarily. Soldiers are in a position of extreme power. And if there is a chance that they're abusing their power it must be investigated. Guess you don't remember the Abu Grayib prision being closed because of abuses huh?

And the war is WRONG.

Originally posted by Tom Thumb:
What ever happened to the military avoiding the news and press? When I was in the military they they did not like being in the news.

The media is embedded into this war. Especiall with the way information flows with the technology we have, especially forwarded deployed now.

Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Originally posted by TGO:

Not necessarily. Soldiers are in a position of extreme power. And if there is a chance that they're abusing their power it must be investigated. Guess you don't remember the Abu Grayib prision being closed because of abuses huh?

And the war is WRONG.

Abu Gharib was a f'ing joke. That same [censored] goes on here, and its call 'Rush' for fraternities.

Originally posted by 92x_Hightower:

How DARE Dumbass Dubya force AMERICANS to endure that??? Every time I hear a US military person say "We are over there fighting for our country" it makes me sick! How the FKUCK are we fighting for our country over there? That country has NOTHING to do with ours, and it has been proven over and over. Believe me, I have been searching for a justification to support knocking out that D!ck Tator. But at least be honest as to why we are sending our new high school grads to die a "soldier's death".

Where is the honor in that?

There are a few different ways to look at it the current situation, and the why's behind it. The longer we are there, the more information they find be it by researching or Iraqis themselves about WMDs etc. But, we won't go there because that is a whole 'nother topic. As for why are we still there, I look at it fighting terrorism on their own ground. AQ seems to be focused on sending alot of there fighters there to get at American's easily. IMO, that is why Iraq is still considered to be a part of the GWOT.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I want to know how an autopsy can determine the intent of the deceased - sounds frikken ridiculous to me!

How would they be able to tell whether he was a insurgent/intending to fire upon the coalition forces, etc. by examining his body?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
.....first they aren't soldiers, they are Marines. There IS a difference. Second, I'll await the FINAL report to come out.

Semantics - Soldier 1. somebody serving in army: somebody who serves in a military organization

The final report will be just that. A final report of a murder committed.

Its NOT semantics, but then again, most likely coming from one who's never served you wouldn't understand the difference between a Sailor, an Airmen, a Soldier, or a Marine would you? Each service has a different designation for a reason. I'd like you to walk up to a platoon of Marines, or even a fireteam and call them soldiers, I'd also like for you to do the same to a platoon of Soldiers and call them Marines...I could almost gurantee you'd be limping home or wake up in the hospital.

For the sake of the conversation and these boards, it didn't matter because majority of the readers wouldn't know the difference, hence it was semantic. It's obvious you were offended because you've served at some point or had someone directly related to you serve. I have never served however, I worked for the financial institution of choice for the Marines and Navy for 8.5 years. On a daily basis I worked hand in hand with EVERY level of military personnel from enlisted on up to Admirals and Generals. I worked on and off base stateside and overseas. I've been to practically every major Marine or Naval base there is. When I was at work I always referred to individuals by their rank/title as if I were in the military. I've also lived on a military base before and I was raised around military bases half of my life. To this day I have a lot of very close friends that are military men and/or retired military. So, I DO know the difference. All that prattle you made about tough guy Marines, Fireteam, or Soldiers is pointless. I'd like to give the "Marines" the benefit of the doubt, but it's obvious where the case is headed and what they did. That's the stance I'm taking. As Hightower said, war does ugly things to men. One of those byproducts is deviant and rampant behavior. Abu-Grayib was a prime example.

I've spoken with some of the Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Sailors that I know. Their take is that the type of behavior exhibited by the military in the stories in the media is a direct result in the attitudes and dissension that is occurring in the military as a result of them fighting a "war" that they don't necessarily believe in. I recall that the military had troops had to BEG for gear that could help save their lives! How's that for moral eh?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I get so tired of reading all this crap about soldiers abusing people...

Like they have nothing better to do then hunt down innocent people... stupid people probably got what was coming to them. The military needs to stand up to all these idiot reporters and other countries and tell them to F off.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:
I want to know how an autopsy can determine the intent of the deceased - sounds frikken ridiculous to me!

They can examine his hands to determine if he was infact holding a gun or had recently fired one.
Of course, if the soldiers were smart, they would have placed the AK47 in his hand and pulled the trigger a few times.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
a bunch of stuff...angle of the entry wounds (was he on his feet, kneeling execution style, shot in the back, etc.), defensive wounds (was he shot i his hands, indicating he was trying to protect himself), etc.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 92x_Hightower:
Believe me, I have been searching for a justification to support knocking out that D!ck Tator.

Saddam was breaking atleast 13 of the sanctions placed on him by te UN after the first Gulf War. It was written into the doctorine, that if he should breach these sanctions that it would be cause for his removal form power.

And let's not forget the fact he was targeting and would fire at American planes patrolling the no-fly zone over Iraq. Last time I checked, one army firing on another army constitutes an act of war.

The reasons were always there, they were just ignored until politicaly the situation was of value. Claiming support of terrorism and the threat of having WMD's was simply the poor excuses the Bush regime came up with.
If we are going after terrorist states, Iran and Saudi Arabia would be higher on the list.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Guess you don't remember the Abu Grayib prision being closed because of abuses huh?

The crap that went on there was so over blown. So a few suspected terrorists were made to feel bad and ashamed. Not like we capture people and behead them, or burn them alive, or any of the ways the enemy treats their captured.

You cannot win a war when you fight an enemy who is not playing by the same rules as you.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Yeah, well that's war.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

You cannot win a war when you fight an enemy who is not playing by the same rules as you.

which is why we should have just gone in, removed saddam, and bailed. minimal casualties to both sides. not that i care about iraqi casualties but the fact that tons of US men/women are dying daily because of sanctions vilations is really assine. in the end, if there will be one, how many soldiers will have died? and with what result in iraq? free voting for iraqi people? a few more terrorists killed/captured? yeah, that's really worth it

you know, the first time we went in it was to protect another country, an ally, from in invading force. we went in, did the job, and were done with minimal losses. this 2nd time has turned into a real clusterf*ck. i guess its our "vietnam".

while it appears they may have overwhelming evidence against the marines who are accused of premeditated murder, i always believe in "innocent until proven guilty" especially in a court such as the military's where the cards can really be stacked against you, from both sides!! (political scapegoat). if they did do this, and im hoping they didnt, then they will pay with a "lifetime" of misery in Levinworth, or wherever theyre sent. 10x worse than being in regualr prison (except maybe in the south). just look at how theyre being treat now. per the article, camp pendelton's brig is treating him like he killed a general or something. i mean, he's a murder suspect, but he is a marine and not some gangbanger.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard