Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

which is why we should have just gone in, removed saddam, and bailed. minimal casualties to both sides.

yes, well if the goal is to free iraq and create a better quality of live for the citizens, i would imagine you could see how just killing their "leader" and leaving would be a bad idea.

What would have been the point if some other tyrant just took over?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
That is the responsibility of the Iraqi people to reform the nation into the one that is right for them, not ours.

The goal should have been to eliminate Saddam, the rest is up to them.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
well then we would have been better off leaving the country as it was.

we can't even get a government set up properly there, i'm sure a bunch of normal (unarmed) citizens are going to.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Getting rid of Saddam was our business. Building a nation in Iraq is not The people there will get the government they deserve if they are allowed to create their own destiny.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
My question is why can the major news outlets not report anything good about the war?

Looking past the obvious fact that there simply is nothing good about war, there's certainly nothing good about this war.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Honed Diva:
Getting rid of Saddam was our business. Building a nation in Iraq is not The people there will get the government they deserve if they are allowed to create their own destiny.

if somehow our entire government were wiped out, please explain what would happen to this country except for complete and utter chaos.

and also, don't forget that in iraq, all the police and other governing bodies are all under the same corrupt, tyrannical regime. so the douchebags who were in control before, would still be.

I'm not for the war in iraq...not at all, but since our imbecile of a president felt the need to get us knee deep in shiz - to say assasinating saddam would fix the problem by itself is ridiculous. The regular people wouldn't build a government - the people with guns would.

Do you think if tomorrow Osama Bin Laden turned up dead, there would be no more terrorism? Stop being so narrow minded.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Originally posted by Stazi:
I want to know how an autopsy can determine the intent of the deceased - sounds frikken ridiculous to me!

They can examine his hands to determine if he was infact holding a gun or had recently fired one.
Of course, if the soldiers were smart, they would have placed the AK47 in his hand and pulled the trigger a few times.

But they can't disprove if the guy was threatening to be strapped with explosives. If his clothes were baggy/bulky enough, and he was more than a few feet away, there was no way to tell. I'd rather waste a single .223 round, and take out a potential threat than risk the lives of my squad mates.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
You oversimplify. Getting rid of Saddam means getting rid of his accomplices. It does not mean building the replacement government. Sure there would be chaos for a while, but in time, the people would build a new order. Whether that order is more or less tyrannical is really none of our business so long as they mind theirs.

If we get rid of bin ladin and if we eliminated al quaida, we then keep an eye on things and eliminate new terrorists, but otherwise leave people alone.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I oversimplify!?

You speak too vaguely!

You say get rid of saddam and i'm supposed to know you mean something completely different?

Even still, eliminating a countrys government and leaving them that way would only create a bigger problem. Try and wrap your mind around that concept.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I don't believe it would create a bigger problem outside of the borders of Iraq. Inside the borders of Iraq is the responsibility of the Iraqi people to form the nation or nations of their own destiny. The problem is that we are trying to do what the people of Iraq need to do, and for us to fix Iraq is simply not possible.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard