Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Keyser:
Actually Taylor I was mistaken. Diamond pistons handled 23psi. The problem was that the head lifted, coolant hit the top of the hot piston and 'bam'. Broken piston.

It's great Ray that you were finally able to get your 3.0 to match the output of the 2.5.

So when this happened...i imagine the car didn't get a full run in? What type of car was this...a cougar/contour? And why did the head lift? Were ARP head studs on the car or the stock bolts?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Yup.. it is great... that I matched it, or more* at only 14.5-15psi.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Ray:
Yup.. it is great... that I matched it, or more* at only 14.5-15psi.

Ok enough waiting!!! Where is the dyno sheet?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Just as a side question... You seem to work on very high dollar cars, I mean... why not just spell your name Smoothlines autosalon. Whast with the Z instead of an S?

Unfortunately I have no control over that as I am not the owner...

Eloy Smoothlinez Auto Salon
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by smoothlinez:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Just as a side question... You seem to work on very high dollar cars, I mean... why not just spell your name Smoothlines autosalon. Whast with the Z instead of an S?

Unfortunately I have no control over that as I am not the owner...

At least you agree?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Atleast....no comment. haha. We service a lot of different cars here and those who have been here probably dont think about the name because they know the kind of work we do. Things will be done right...the first time. I think this project will show the potential of the Duratec motor in street trim. If we can muster out 700 reliable hp, then it would be great. The good thing is that the same motor, different internals of course, are used in your car so a lot of the technology can be shared.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Smoothlinez, this is a little off your topic, but do you have a contact at AER I could use to expedite an engine purchase? Iâ??d like to purchase the same 3.0 L long block they sell to Noble owners (piston squirters and turbo cams) for my turbo SVT contour.

I have a phone number for AER at which I left numerous messages earlier this year without result. Iâ??ve been meaning to get aggressive about this and start posting on the Noble boards â??? but maybe you know someone helpful at AER and familiar with the Noble engines that could point me in the right direction.

An AER long block is the last long-lead-time item I need for my car.

Incidentally, Keith at ADC (I bought his â??lastâ? T3/T4 kit) conservatively estimates that I should see about 430 FWHP with this combination. Too much is just enough. I'm planning to ship the car to him for final tuning when I have it all assembled. I'm willing to push it hard on the dyno with an AER block (bragging rights).

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Smoothlinez, this is a little off your topic, but do you have a contact at AER I could use to expedite an engine purchase? Iâ??d like to purchase the same 3.0 L long block they sell to Noble owners (piston squirters and turbo cams) for my turbo SVT contour.

I have a phone number for AER at which I left numerous messages earlier this year without result. Iâ??ve been meaning to get aggressive about this and start posting on the Noble boards â??? but maybe you know someone helpful at AER and familiar with the Noble engines that could point me in the right direction.

An AER long block is the last long-lead-time item I need for my car.

Incidentally, Keith at ADC (I bought his â??lastâ? T3/T4 kit) conservatively estimates that I should see about 430 FWHP with this combination. Too much is just enough. I'm planning to ship the car to him for final tuning when I have it all assembled. I'm willing to push it hard on the dyno with an AER block (bragging rights).

<hijack>

Mine's for sale AND I can deliver it SAME DAY!

Hell, I will even sell it to you shortblock form (still needs to be built up to longblock but I have EVERYTHING) and you can enjoy building up your own motor.

FS: 3.0L "Race" (Forged) Longblock

</hijack>

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Mine's for sale AND I can deliver it SAME DAY!

Hell, I will even sell it to you shortblock form (still needs to be built up to longblock but I have EVERYTHING) and you can enjoy building up your own motor.

FS: 3.0L "Race" (Forged) Longblock

</hijack>

Thanks, but I am not even close to giving up on AER. At $4500 (if I can find a salesman), their Noble 3Ls are a great bargain and proven to reliably make the power I'm expecting.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Unfortunately, AER will NOT sell the engine to people without Nobles. Even when we bought the engines, we had to give them the VIN or chassis number on the original engine and Noble frame. They then call 1G Racing for comfirmation. Then, and only then will they sell you the engine. I tried to order some cams from them also but they wouldnt sell it to us.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard