Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Just go a new job in Jersey as a Character Animator for games so I am moving out on Friday! About the only apaartment I found that has an immediate openeing is in Matawan. Any thing I should know about the area? I called the Police department to find out some info and the lady was born and raised in that area. Said its nice and I should be fine! I just figured I would try to get some local advice and of course say hello to fellow CEG's out there!

Thanks!

98 E0 with 171,000 and counting... Savin' for my focus V8, RS kit conversion!!!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
from what i've seen doing work out there, seems like a decent old fashoined neighborhood. Lots of old houses, lots of people who have probably lived there for a long time, and lots of families with kids. And, it's close to everything.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Anm8:
Just go a new job in Jersey

I'm sorry.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Banned At Heart:
Just go a new job in Jersey

I'm sorry.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Welcome to the Northeast section!
Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like lots of fun.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Fitting screen name! Welcome to Northeast

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
I was looking at homes in Matawan not too long ago. Nice area, quiet as well. My girlfriend lives in Morganville, about 5 mins from Matawan, so I'm always down there.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Okay, scratch Matawan. The area was nice but the apartment was not ready, nor very nice. Ended up in North Bruswick and work in Manalapan off of tennent road. Company just moved from Morganville.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Aside from the crazy jug handles ---> no left turn anywhere and the gas pumping law, things are great! No if only the humidity would go away so I can finish moving my stuff in without losing 5 gallons of water from sweat!

98 E0 with 171,000 and counting... Savin' for my focus V8, RS kit conversion!!!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i have a client that has an office in freehold, and he lives on tennent road. what's the name of the company you work for??

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Okay, scratch Matawan. The area was nice but the apartment was not ready, nor very nice. Ended up in North Bruswick and work in Manalapan off of tennent road. Company just moved from Morganville.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Aside from the crazy jug handles ---> no left turn anywhere and the gas pumping law, things are great! No if only the humidity would go away so I can finish moving my stuff in without losing 5 gallons of water from sweat!

Manalapan generally is a very affluent community - mostly ex-NYC ppl. Also it's a real short distance to the Englishtown RaceTrack . If your work is in Manalapan then North Brunswick ain't the best choice - sorry (distance). The better ones would be somewhere between Route 9 and Route 33 - either express or business. Like TGO said, it could be Freehold, Highstown and surroundings, Twin River and East Windsor - the latter two got tons of affordable apartment complexes.

As far as safety and crime rate concerned - North Brunswick, South Brunswick and East Brunswick are all fine - New Brunswick is not.

G'luck and welcome to the NE.

P.S. Yup, humidity is a killer here

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard