Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Im about to put the SVT under a car cover. Would it be better to have it in the sun or under a tree? The cover would dry faster in the sun (from rain or sprinklers, whatever), but the car would get less hot in the shade. Im worried that the cover may not dry as quickly and make some funky smells (will be sitting for a month).

Its a Covercraft Technalon cover, so it should be waterproof. Its a bit old, however. Im slightly worried about mold or mildew (dont know if I should be), hence the question about sun or shade. The shady spot is in front of the garage, so the car is less "out there" for people to see.

I dunno what to do!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well I don't have my car parked under a hugh tree but I have seen no difference between being in the sun or under a tree, the tree is beside the car and not over it ...

the cover is goign to have to be cleaned regualary anyway, I haven't washed mine yet and its pretty ditry and when it rains the dush and dirt work through it and end up on the car, but that is in a very heavy rain, some dust gets through all the time and I have a noah cover

i would say in the shade all the time is bad as that would help to harbor moisture under the car

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
K
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well the branches go over the car! It would be shady almost all the time. Maybe Ill stick it out in the driveway. Less crap to fall on it anyway, especially if we get another tropical storm or hurricane while Im overseas!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard