Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MattB Offline OP
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
M
The drivers side speaker is starting to fade in and out. It could be on and if i hit a bump it will go off and a mile later it will come back on. This happens with braking and acceleration to. If i tend to brake hard it cuts out then comes back when i start to go. To me it seems like some kind of connection problem, like the connecting is interupped during bumps or what not. When i try to turn it up its sounds horrible. But other days its fine. I have sodered wires to speaker and to wires near the headunit. I have a kenwood amp running the speakers that is about 6-7 years old. Do you think something might be shot in the amp like loose or something? I think i have officially tried everything and nothing seems to work....

Anyone ever had this problem????? ......please help...

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Possibly RCA's Going Out On That Channel Or Loose Connection At The RCA's. This Could Be At The Headunit Or The Amp. Give The RCA's A Little Jiggle At Both Ends And See What Happens. You Could Also Have A Short To Ground In The Speaker Wires. Happy Hunting!!

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
True. I've had RCA's that would wiggle over bumps before in my wife's truck. It made the sound come and go. Could be it. I would also check the grounds, again, just to be triple sure.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
check behind the radio, sounds like a wire is shorting out on metal, or a ground is loose. The radio would likely turn off and back on if its a ground however.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
When I removed my door speaker, I noticed alot of corrosion (sp) on the speaker wire from water exposure over time. that might be the reason for poor connection as well

or it might not be.

1999 SE White AVH-P6500DVD Infinity Reference 6500CS Pioneer 5x7s Punch 360a2 Punch 500a2 Adire Tempest in a custom sealed 3.4cuft box Modded Xbox Still need Midnight Cloth Headrests... and if somebody has fold down rear seats....
M
MattB Offline OP
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
M
I will defently check the RCA's, i didnt think of that. I had the door apart last week and everything looked good, sodered everything together tightly, didnt see any grounding problems. I hope its the rca's or im pulling the plug of the speaker, i cant deal with it anymore.

Thanks again for the input, gotta love CEG!!!!

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I've had this problem with different sets of speakers/subwoofers, usually a speaker that's about to/already has died. either voice coil is failing or the speaker is just falling apart (recent set of infinitys, the tweeter was hanging off the speaker, held on only by the wires when I took off the door panel )

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard