Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Finally got motivated to take out the SVT. Girlfriend wanted to go for a ride. I have been teasing her, lifting up the car cover showing it off, but not taking it out.

Observations: It was definitely in dire need of a good run. It's still got a 1/2 tank of old gas with Stabil in it, but after taking her on the highway and putting the foot to the floor, all started to get cleaned out. By the time I was on my way back home, the engine felt nice and free revving again. It's amazing how clogged up an engine can get not being driven much. (My bad)

Comparing to my 02 GTP, the SVT is still the highway runner. from mid range and up, it will take the GTP hands down, but from a dead stop, different story, GTP takes it to 100kph. I am not describing my SRT here, because it's in process of having a big turbo insalled, and frankly, it will probably be quicker and faster than the SVT and GTP, hands down. Handling and brakes, SVT, SRT-4, and GTP in that order.

Still though, when I was at Home Depot this evening, walking from the store back to the SVT, I still know why I like this car so much. It is just darn hot looking compared to my other cars, with the silver paint gleaming in the afternoon sun, just no other car like it. My other cars may be newer, may be faster, may have more luxuries (GTP), but the SVT just has that special something that makes it unique. It's still number one out of the cars that I currently own.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Chris@CTA:

Still though, when I was at Home Depot this evening, walking from the store back to the SVT, I still know why I like this car so much. It is just darn hot looking compared to my other cars, with the silver paint gleaming in the afternoon sun, just no other car like it. My other cars may be newer, may be faster, may have more luxuries (GTP), but the SVT just has that special something that makes it unique. It's still number one out of the cars that I currently own.

Its describing exaclty what i think...

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Chris you had the SVT out and didn't drive out my way , j/k. Glad to hear you took it out for a good run.

Aaron
BTW you gotta let me know when the SRT-4 is done I can't wait .

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Keeping a Contour indoors should equate a indictable offense under the Canadian Criminal Code, shame on you!

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Chris you had the SVT out and didn't drive out my way , j/k. Glad to hear you took it out for a good run.

Aaron
BTW you gotta let me know when the SRT-4 is done I can't wait .

Aaron

Yeh, I know I should have come see you, but I only see my girl on the weekends so I dedicate my time to her at the present time (when she is around). The SRT-4 should be done in the next couple of weeks, depending on my buddies work load.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by European:
Keeping a Contour indoors should equate a indictable offense under the Canadian Criminal Code, shame on you!

LOL, and my SRT-4 sees about the same amount of outdoor time too.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Good to hear the lady situation is doing well and the SRT-4 is comming along .

Aaron
PS there might be another lets tear/dismantle Aarons' car apart event, let me know if you are game (I will give plenty of notice).

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
If you need a hand in dismantling I am game.. I love taking contours apart :P

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
If you need a hand in dismantling I am game.. I love taking contours apart :P

LOL ok. Wes gets to use sawzal(sp) tho.

Aaron

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Good to hear the lady situation is doing well and the SRT-4 is comming along .

Aaron
PS there might be another lets tear/dismantle Aarons' car apart event, let me know if you are game (I will give plenty of notice).

Thanks Aaron, and I would be up to doing another dismantling project.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard