Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Ok, so I just spent the weekend installing my new Kenwood KDC-MP532U, 4 new kenwood speakers, and a kenwood amp. Sweet. This is gonna sound awesome!

So I go to hook up my Zen micro (its a USB supported MP3 player...and this HU supposedly has USB capability....I mean that IS why I bought it). Anyways, get it plugged in, but the headunit is telling me 'No Device' So, I swapped out a different cord. Nope, that didnt help. Ahh, certainly its the firmware. So, I ran all the upgrades and thought it would definately work. It didnt. Still says 'No Device.' Yeah, whatever, no device my ass. The MP3 player is recognizing the fact that its plugged in because as soon as you switch the source to USB on the headunit, the mp3 player will poewr up and start charging.

So, I call Crutchfield and they want to send me a new one, which means I have to pull the other one out etc, etc. I seriously DOUBT thats the issue, I mean, whats the likelihood that this thing failed?

Anyone else care to throw in an opinion?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I believe the Creative Zen's USB is only for charging and data transfer. I don't believe that the player supports playing through the USB port.
I have a Zen Micro Photo. I bought a CD changer adapter for my JVC from Best Buy for about $30.
Might just go that route. Kinda sucks, though...the USB thing is cool...I considered it for a while too.

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I dont know, I tried it with two different mp3 player brands, neither worked.

Crutchfield now says it might be because the HU was in demo mode. WIll try again when I get home.

They also say its not the Zen, because I specifically and repeatedly have asked that.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i could be wrong...but my understanding of the usb capabilities of most head units was that it was for things such as usb thumb drives...ie: nothing that requires it's own set of drivers.

Unless it specifically says that mp3 player works with that head unit in the manual.

As far as I know though, the creative line of mp3 players do not stream music over the usb, it's only for data transfer.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
so I could use the removable disk portion of the zen then?

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard