Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
Riggs bros in St. Charles IL

Life time warranty. I Have had my tint redone as well for free!

What did they charge you?

Yeah about $250 - $300 bucks. I had mine done in 99. They actually use a heat lamp to apply the tint not soapy water. I think its worth a drive out here to check it out.

More than I wanted to spend thanks...
My buddy used them, they are good though

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
drive to kalamazoo i got it done for 125$
and it is lifetime gauranteed

2000 Silver SVT Contour #1375 of 2150 born 1/7/00
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Sorry to hijack a bit but I got a question for ya guys...

Right now I have tint on my 3 rear windows. The tint on the back window (not doors) is blurry as hell. I am thinking about going to get tint done on all 5 windows but I will need the back 3 tint removed (1 blurry, and the door glass tint not dark enough) In your experiences, do tint shops usually charge extra to remove the existing tint when your buying full tint fromt hem...or is this simply something that I'll have to ask about since it may be a shop by shop diffrence? Any info or experiences are appreciated.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
From my experience when I was looking to find a place around here to do my windows it would cost you extra. The range you can expect is around $100 for all around or $30 per.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
also becareful on having that back window tint removed, you do not want it to damage your defrost, living up here it is a necessity, unless it is only your summer driver. (i have heard it damages it..not from personal experience, this may be an urban myth, but if I recall my brothers no longer works after removing his tint)

2000 Silver SVT Contour #1375 of 2150 born 1/7/00
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
the lines can get cut if the person uses a razor blade to scrape off the glue. If it gets cut it will no longer work. Anyone that does tint for a living should know to use a "scrubbie" to get the glue off the back window.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Riggs bros in St. Charles IL

Life time warranty. I Have had my tint redone as well for free!

What did they charge you?

Yeah about $250 - $300 bucks. I had mine done in 99. They actually use a heat lamp to apply the tint not soapy water. I think its worth a drive out here to check it out.

More than I wanted to spend thanks...
My buddy used them, they are good though

Yeah it is $$$ but well worth it. Good luck and let us know what you decided to do.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SlvrSVT00:
also becareful on having that back window tint removed, you do not want it to damage your defrost, living up here it is a necessity, unless it is only your summer driver. (i have heard it damages it..not from personal experience, this may be an urban myth, but if I recall my brothers no longer works after removing his tint)

I would think if it was removed properly, then it should come off with no problems to the defrost. I mean, I doubt they'd be back there with a razor blade. I'd suspect they would use a heat gun or a steamer perhaps to soften the adhesive, then maybe use a degreasing product to wipe off any adhesive left.

Besides, if they did my tint and removed/damaged my defrosting capabilities, I'd serve them a bill for damages.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
ummmmmmmmmmmmm,PM charlie. $150 bucks for the best tint job going using the quality film. do i sound like a broken record?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by m!key:
ummmmmmmmmmmmm,PM charlie. $150 bucks for the best tint job going using the quality film. do i sound like a broken record?

Yep....

Oh, and you guys PM Charlie.
Did you know if you PM him you could pay $150 bucks for the best tint job going using the quality film.

Man. I'm glad I thought of that.......

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard