Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
well i have to install a fire extinguser, blow down tube and display a n20 sign on the right hand side of the car before i can run nitrous. this is was i found out last night but no biggies. so i did a n/a run of a

R/T .188
60' 2.405
330 6.786
1/8 10.224
mph 73.31
1000 13.093
1/4 15.351
mph 91.82

after that we tuned the car a little bit and ran a

R/T .091
60' 2.320
330 6.613
1/8 10.010
mph 74.92
1000 12.834
1/4 15.018
mph 93.01

i will be installing everything by friday along with a 2nd stage of nitrous 35 shot off the line. i will be running a 85 shot all together "35 plus the allready 50"

hopefully these are ok times for my mods. post on what i should work on as this is my 5th time a the track!!

i'm not yet a pro but i have pretty good R/T as i was told

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
You might want to add a list of your mods, as I've already forgotten since your last post. But a 15.0 @ 93 is a pretty good time, considering you're still in the 2.5L.

My suggestion would be to NOT run the nitrous off the line. That is the part of your time slip that needs the most work. Your 2.3 and 2.4 60' times need to come down to 2.1 and 2.2, where nitrous is going to make that very tough to control.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Torsen T-2 diff, spec stage 2 clutch, fidanza flywheel, upgraded shift forks, Gutted Precats, "i have a hks full cat back 2 1/2 exhaust, custom y pipe, 50 shot nx wet, cold air intake, opti tb, planed heads for 10.97 - 1 compresion ratio Done By "All Pro", St220 Valve Springs , honed out exhaust and intake ports, matched lim ports, sct 2 custom tune w/ tune for nitrous and n/a tune 7475 rpm redline , bat euro handling kit with eibach's, performancealignment, upgraded stab o lock, walbro fuel pump, ford 9mm wires, dei header wrap. Data Loger for analizing motor outputs as racing or driving.

i am not having a traction problem off the line just bogging, it's extremely hard to slip this clutch. " Joe At SP motorsports can vouch for that" if i drop it at 2500 it boggs for a sec. then it goes. how should i launch it for best time? thanks

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
id say 2500 and continue to plant the go pedal while modulating the clutch.

just curious, you list DEI header wrap, but you only have gutted precats... did you somehow wrap that funky shaped junkbucket?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
it was used from where the y pipe connects to the exhaust manifolds all the way to the cat.

it's very hard to slip the clutch if thats what you mean. it is way to grippy but after a couple of days of practice im sure i can do it!

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
My method for launching may be a bit different than some, but I like to get off the line at about 4000rpm, with slip and modulation of the gas. Obviously, with that kinda RPM, you can't pop the clutch, or go WOT right off the bat, but getting rolling with the secodaries open is the fastest launch every time for me.

Check out this video on streetfire... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D419F8E6-405B-4DCE-81DB-0A8764AB273B.htm

Thats my car... you can see a launch w/o the secodaries open in the first clip, the second clip is an outside the car view with more rpm, and less slip, but still not getting on the secondaries right away, and the third part of the clip is another in-car 4000rpm launch, with lots of clutch and gas pedal modulations to keep things under control, and gives the obvious best launch. (For the record, all acceleration runs were to the legal speed limit, and the camera work was done by a passenger, not the driver of the vehicle. If the link is still outside forum rules, let me know, and its gone, but it seems legit to me.)

Anyways... try a few things, see what you think.

Edit... I see you have an upgraded stab-o-shock, but hows the wheelhop? I would think with stock mounts it would still be pretty bad, my car can't launch well at the strip due to the worn out motor mounts, street launching with the lesser traction seems to be ok.

Last edited by acammer; 06/10/06 10:55 PM.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by acammer:
My method for launching may be a bit different than some, but I like to get off the line at about 4000rpm, with slip and modulation of the gas. Obviously, with that kinda RPM, you can't pop the clutch, or go WOT right off the bat, but getting rolling with the secodaries open is the fastest launch every time for me.

Check out this video on streetfire... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D419F8E6-405B-4DCE-81DB-0A8764AB273B.htm

Thats my car... you can see a launch w/o the secodaries open in the first clip, the second clip is an outside the car view with more rpm, and less slip, but still not getting on the secondaries right away, and the third part of the clip is another in-car 4000rpm launch, with lots of clutch and gas pedal modulations to keep things under control, and gives the obvious best launch. (For the record, all acceleration runs were to the legal speed limit, and the camera work was done by a passenger, not the driver of the vehicle. If the link is still outside forum rules, let me know, and its gone, but it seems legit to me.)

Anyways... try a few things, see what you think.

Edit... I see you have an upgraded stab-o-shock, but hows the wheelhop? I would think with stock mounts it would still be pretty bad, my car can't launch well at the strip due to the worn out motor mounts, street launching with the lesser traction seems to be ok.

Nice aggressive launch. Took me a while to get use to launching with the secondaries open. Its a blast to blow threw first like that.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
i launch at 5800-6200 have fun with drag radials g! also, mounts are big issues, mine are less than a month old, i had issues with the old well worn side tranny mount, the round one is now oval and the big one on motor is broken in half, but all is good now, though my friend is bout to make me solid mounts out of 11 gauge steel:)

Last edited by ContourGuy9817; 06/24/06 09:14 PM.

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard