Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Tomorrow I am dropping in my Torsen trans, Spec clutch, steeda short shifter, and Fidanza flywheel. The flywheel was used, and because it is a lightweight flywheel, there is little room for resurfacing. The steel insert has screws embedded in it, and so the guy resurfaced it today, there is very little room left for the flywheel to to wear before it hits the heads of the screws and tears up my clutch or the screw heads. I guess my question is whether or not a flywheel wears much!?! I would hate to pull the tranny in a few months because my flywheel is worn out and then have to replace my clutch again too. I can't imagine the steel insert on the flywheel wearing very much at all. I know it has to "break in" but it can't really wear that much, can it?!?! Any body else have trouble with a resurfaced lightweight flywheel with a very thin Steel insert where it meets the clutch disc?

Thanks for your help.

-Reebs-

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That steel insert is not supposed to be machined. It's supposed to be replaced. That's why it's attached with screws and not rivets.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Check your pm's...

But...Fidanza says yes it indeed can be resurfaced but they recommend buying a new friction plate from them.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by 99SVT:
Check your pm's...

But...Fidanza says yes it indeed can be resurfaced but they recommend buying a new friction plate from them.

I installed that flywheel today. It seemed fine. I've seen others resurfance the fidanza. I personally would have just taken a very light emory to it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have a new friction plate I offered....too late now...

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by 99SVT:
I have a new friction plate I offered....too late now...

It'll be fine. Reebs took it to the same guy that did stazis fidanza.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard