Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
They normally say not to drain your pools before a hurricane. Here's why:

When you get that hard amount of rain coming in, soaking into the ground, sure, it'll fill up slowly, but the aquifer several feet below you will put pressure against your pool, changing the shape of it, and possibly making it spring a leak into the ground worsening the situation (having your pool in a "pool" of mud), costing you more in maintenance and water costs.

Whatever you do, don't get into your pool even a week after the hurricane passes even if you have power. That water is so cold, your balls will jump into your throat before you're knee-deep in the water.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
"If" I need to drain the pool, we have a setup that makes the excess water run straight to the street and then to the sewer system.

Friday, I had some heavy rain, but it didn't bring the pool water level high enough to worry about it. But I did find out there is some thing wrong with our skimmer(drain on the patio.) I need to find out whats wrong w/ it soon.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard