Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Allen,

The downside to our current system of everyone bringing something is this - some obviously contribute (spend) a lot more than others.

Here is my suggestion:

- 2 - 5 people provide ALL food/drinks. Keep tabs on how much is spent by each person.
- compile list of attendees and what days they wish to eat/drink to gauge how much food to purchase
- charge $10 per day for what is basically all-you-can-eat/drink
- create a sign similar to this year's, but says something along the lines of:

"...food and drinks have been provided by the following CEGers:
- Christine (LUCA)
- Allen (Buddy Palumbo)
- etc.

To partake in the food and drinks, reimburse these individuals with $10 per person per day..."

- collect funds and divide amongst those who provided the food and drinks

My .02 cents.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less . Not to mention any names , but ONE person this year , spent around $120 on supplies . The rest of it was made up of ~$60 increments - not to mention the drinks/beer people brought . I don't mind doing the 4-5 people shopping/making foodstuffs (it's a picnic , you'll spend some money) , we're just trying to make it more "fair/even" amongst those who do .

Thoughts ??

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less.

You misunderstood my post - I did mean collect money beforehand!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less.

You misunderstood my post - I did mean collect money beforehand!

Cool-Dat . My bad , yo !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard