Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1587330 06/09/06 12:30 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Just thought I'd bring some info to everyone's attention , especially if someone's not happy about donating to the food fund at the carlisle show .

With only adding up what a couple spent on food/stuffs for the Carlisle show , I easily came up with $300+ . By placing a donation box in the tent , we raised $85 to help offset some of the costs spent by some people . It's not like we over-bought really bad on food , as there wasn't really that much left over (some hamburgers , cheese , a few rolls , mostly-eaten bags of chips , some dip ... stuff like that) . It's really not all about the money & stuff , seeing as this is the first year we've had a donation box in the tent . I'm sure we'd have the CEG picnic anyways .
There's some discussion about next year's club picnic @ Carlisle . We may go to a pre-pay dealie (maybe $20) , with food cards given out to people (with their names on it) , then we'll use that money raised to buy bulk food @ Sams or whatever , and not have people worry about bringing food . Plus that would let the people who show up on friday have something to eat , rather than waiting for people (like me ) who show up on saturday to bring plates , salads , condiments , etc. to bring their stuff .

What do you guys think about the pre-pay idea for the food ??

I REALLY apreciate that people donated to the food fund - every little bit helps . Where else can you stuff food down your cake-hole all weekend for a $10 donation ?? CEG rocks !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I am down for what ever works, I gave more then what was asked not that it really matters

what ever makes it most fair to everyone is the best way to go, unless people are happy with how things have been in the past, then don't change what isn't broke

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Allen, you know me. I'll go along with whatever works out best for the group. I don't mind bringing whatever I signed up for, but if a donation is easier, I'll do that that too.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Plus that would let the people who show up on friday have something to eat , rather than waiting for people (like me ) who show up on saturday to bring plates , salads , condiments , etc. to bring their stuff .

What do you guys think about the pre-pay idea for the food ??

We had plates and condiments just no plastic ware to eat with.

Seriously, that sounds like a plan.

If this is what we decide to do, I am considering bringing/registering my Exploder next year. We can load everything in it and not have to worry about trying to fit everything into the Contours.

A huge thank you to all that brought items and donated this year!

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by LUCA:
We had plates and condiments just no plastic ware to eat with.

Seriously, that sounds like a plan.

If this is what we decide to do, I am considering bringing/registering my Exploder next year. We can load everything in it and not have to worry about trying to fit everything into the Contours.

A huge thank you to all that brought items and donated this year!

What do you mean fit it into the contours!!!

Trunk Space

Trunk Space

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
LOL! You were packed! I had no room left either.
If we are bringing everything next year it all won't fit in our two cars, that's for sure.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
That sounds good. Even $20 is a hell of a good deal compared to the food prices at the show. And it was fun eating cheeseburgers w/o any utensils AND no buns.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Sounds like a good plan...

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well , we have 11 months & 3 weeks to decide what we wanna do , but I wanted to fill everyone in on what's been tossed around in conversation with me , and what was actually spent on the foodstuffs .
Of course , I'm down for whatever the group wants .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
works for me!

2006 Fusion SEL (Fully Loaded) Fusion Boards 1992 Thunderbird 3.8 V6 Former 1998 Contour SE Sport owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard