Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by HolyRollerzC3:
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do

Your second statement contradicts your first... I'm going out on a limb and saying you're gonna have a hard time to get 5 orders for this. Sure you might get a lot of "interest" saying "oh yeah, I'll take one fo sho!" then before it's time to collect they'll drop out.

On a related note, I am really worried about the new German plates they are making us get. With the "USA" plates I have now, the Polizei can't easily give me a citation for my car not conforming to German regs (like my cold air intake).

Supposedly our cars will have to conform with the new plates, which means I may be in the market for a complete stock intake setup

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I will have a nice CAI for sale when my blower goes on. PM me.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I will have a nice CAI for sale when my blower goes on. PM me.

No you won't!! I am coming over to steal your blower right under your nose. HE HE

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by jedssvt:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...

I believe what â??HolyRollerzC3â? is saying is that if nobody else whatâ??s one,
it would cost him $500 for the single prototype,(Correct me if Iâ??m wrong).
But, if he could get more people interested in this piece then the prototyping fee would
be shared by everybody thatâ??s getting one.

can we get holyroller to confirm this? cuz if that's true, and he can get the 20 people in on this, that sounds like $25 per intake (+shipping, i imagine..) and i'd totally jump on that.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
Originally posted by jedssvt:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...

I believe what â??HolyRollerzC3â? is saying is that if nobody else whatâ??s one,
it would cost him $500 for the single prototype,(Correct me if Iâ??m wrong).
But, if he could get more people interested in this piece then the prototyping fee would
be shared by everybody thatâ??s getting one.

can we get holyroller to confirm this? cuz if that's true, and he can get the 20 people in on this, that sounds like $25 per intake (+shipping, i imagine..) and i'd totally jump on that.

Noâ?¦Noâ?¦Noâ?¦
Not $500 ?· By number of people interestedâ?¦

From what I read in HolyRollerzC3 first post, (reading the entire post is usually a good idea) the cost of the regular intake is $220.
Sooâ?¦ ASSuming his numbers are pretty close, (this is just guessing on my part) it looks like theyâ??re charging around $280 for the prototyping.
Sooâ?¦ it would be the $280 portion of that $500, that would be shared by all thatâ??s interested.

If Iâ??m wrong or completely off base, HolyRollerzC3, please correct me.

â??drive thru speaker voiceâ? Thank you please drive throughâ?¦

Banzi - "YEah none of this 1-3-5 grandma-with-parkinsons-style shifting"
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
reading sucks

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
reading sucks

No offenseâ?¦
Butâ?¦ So dose being ignorant and / or lazyâ?¦

Oh wellâ?¦ Back on topic.
Any word on whatâ??s going on HolyRollerzC3?

Banzi - "YEah none of this 1-3-5 grandma-with-parkinsons-style shifting"
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
With how hot it gets in Phoenix, I'd be interested in a CAI. The problem is that the other 2 CAI's available come through where my remote oil filter is mounted. I'm curious where your pipe would exit the engine bay.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

Where the hell did you find this? I think your math is wrong.

Msds headers i was looking at were $700.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by excel4600c:

MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

Where the hell did you find this? I think your math is wrong.

Msds headers i was looking at were $700.

my math isn't wrong. MSDS uncoated headers are $200 from MSDS. That is just for the headers, no coating, no y-pipe.

$200 + $30 shipping plus $30 (?) for a Maf adapter (can be found cheaper) and what are the filters...$40-50. So I think $200 left over for gas is a fair assumption.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard