Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
I have been talking to weapon r about making a secret weapon intake for the svt/v6 contour, they arleady make a kit for it, but I am trying to get them to make one where the MAF is enbedded in the pipe, so its a straight pipe from filter to throttle body, will look alot nicer, neater, with no rubber or silicone connections... the regualr intake is like 220, so not sure how much the custom one will be but they so far have told me how many people i can get to committ? anyone interested?

1998 CSVT KKM Intake Bosal CatBack SHO Shop YPipe Magnacore Superchip I am a follower of the great "I AM"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
220 just for their normal...and add a maf into it...youll be looking at like 300-400.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
you'd use your sensor, take it from your piping, and put it in...

1998 CSVT KKM Intake Bosal CatBack SHO Shop YPipe Magnacore Superchip I am a follower of the great "I AM"
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
just buy the dryer ducting and run the intake you have through that, you can go from the TB to the Filter. It would give you a clean look for next to nothing.

i have a better idea just remove the intake at the TB!!

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Weapon-R will never do it ... because it hasn't been done before, they have nobody to copy the design from

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Weapon-R will never do it ... because it hasn't been done before, they have nobody to copy the design from

OUCH

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by HolyRollerzC3:
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Originally posted by HolyRollerzC3:

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...

I believe what â??HolyRollerzC3â? is saying is that if nobody else whatâ??s one,
it would cost him $500 for the single prototype,(Correct me if Iâ??m wrong).
But, if he could get more people interested in this piece then the prototyping fee would
be shared by everybody thatâ??s getting one.

Banzi - "YEah none of this 1-3-5 grandma-with-parkinsons-style shifting"
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Sounds like a god idea. But i have a pro-m. So it's pointless for me to jump on this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard