Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Sorry to post this as I'm sure it has been covered before, but I wasn't able to find anything that answered my question clearly. I need to replace my headunit and all the posts I've seen say to bypass the factory amp.
Is it possible to continue to use factory amp with new HU? I don't want to sink a fortune into my sound system, but still want good quality audio (better than the stock which is what I have now).
Can I just use the existing wiring and put a new amp in where the old one was?
Is there a reason not to put a new amp where the factory one was installed?
Never done any audio mods before so please excuse my ignorance.
Zac

00 Silver Frost CSVT #1136/2150 Born 4 Jan, 2000
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Most aftermarket head-units will put out equal or better sound then the stock amp. Bypass it. If your are not happy with sound then try an aftermarket pair of front speakers. If you are still not happy then you will reach the 'sink a fortune' part.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
yes it has been covered and covered and covered. If you do not want to get flamed try searching first. There is even a thread on the exact same thing a whole 12 threads down titled "some clarification needed".

The search feature is your friend.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
The factory "amp" if you even want to call it that, is just plain old junk. An aftermarket HU will have no need for the factory amp, which is why it is said to bypass it. Don't buy anything to replace the factory amp, it is not needed. Just a HU and a wiring kit is all you will need.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the replies. I didn't understand the purpose of bypassing the amp before.
Will start with the new HU and go from there.

00 Silver Frost CSVT #1136/2150 Born 4 Jan, 2000
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You'll need 2 harness' to wire up the aftermarket deck and bypass the factory amp.

To wire up the deck

here

To bypass the amp

here

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard