Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I have a 2000 Contour SVT and have been getting the P0402 code. I have searched the forums but am a little bit confused. If this is the only code that I have, would the DPFE sensor need replacing? Many of the other threads concerning DPFE replacement have a P0401 code of insufficient flow rather than excessive flow like I have, or am I just mistaken?

Also where can I purchase a new DPFE sensor? The Ford dealership has it for $100, but I tried calling Autozone, Pepboys, and NAPA, all of which did not have it in stock. Do I need to ask for it be a different name at these places, or is it a dealership only part now?

-Andrew 2000 Black CSVT My Cardomain
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
P0402 could be a DPFE sensor (aka EGR backpressure transducer) issue too.

Read this for a way to test it.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/ca/1e/0900823d801bca1e.jsp

You can also purchase from www.teamfordparts.com

PRESSURE FEEDBACK SENSOR, Contour, Mystique, 2.5L 95-00 CEG Price $56.10

Last edited by Tony2005; 06/07/06 07:09 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Just turn it off. Do a search for EGR delete or visit www.focaljet.com (I think??) for instructions for disabling it. It is easy and you will never get a code for it.

P.S.- you will probably get some follow up posts saying you can't do it, it's bad, etc...But I have had one for over a year with NO issues and my EGR is completely blocked off with a plate. NO CODES for it ever since.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
WOW! I've been driving without a seatbelt (AND I disabled my airbags too!!) for almost a year with NO INJURIES, so don't listen to people that might state that you can get hurt doing it! I MUST be proof otherwise!

A properly functioning EGR is cleaner, more efficient and simply easier. A hodgepodge of work to "maybe" clear a current problem is also adding stacks of potential problems to the list.

A cheap way around doing something right.. that's all it is, when referencing THIS platform!

.. plain and simple.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I just recently purchased one from AutoZone. I believe they call it an EGR pressure sensor. I'm on my 3rd one. When the original one died (50K miles) I got a new one from AZ, but it was still the metal version. That lasted about 20K miles. The most recent one (May 2006) is the updated plastic version, so hopefully that one holds me over for a while!

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Ray,

Last time I checked, the EGR system did not save a single life in an accident like a seat belt or an air bag. If you are going to make a comparison, make a tangible one. I KNOW disabling it is bad for the environment etc...but comparing it to a seatbelt or airbag??? Come on.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
The comparison wasn't about safety... you're missing a little something, there.

the comparison was that "someone" has done it with no ill effects so it MUST be okay to do it!

which is not true. If you're gonna try to knock my comparison down, do it by countering with some information as to why you were correct, rather than throw the intent off by trying to guide the response away from factual data, and instead on to semantics.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Bike2112:
Ray,

Last time I checked, the EGR system did not save a single life in an accident like a seat belt or an air bag. If you are going to make a comparison, make a tangible one. I KNOW disabling it is bad for the environment etc...but comparing it to a seatbelt or airbag??? Come on.

Well, OK, how about the retuning needed to compensate for the loss of EGR. The fuel mixture and the igntion curve needs to be altered.

But it's easier to plug it off and ignore the problems it creates.

It's your car. Treat it like you want to. Don't cry to us when it bites you in the tail.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
DING.

A PROPER removal of the egr system involves PCM retuning, fuel mixtures, transfers, etc. MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than to simply fix the problem, have a cleaner running car, AND more efficiency.

Why WOULD anyone choose the more expensive way?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Ray:
The comparison wasn't about safety... you're missing a little something, there.

the comparison was that "someone" has done it with no ill effects so it MUST be okay to do it!

which is not true. If you're gonna try to knock my comparison down, do it by countering with some information as to why you were correct, rather than throw the intent off by trying to guide the response away from factual data, and instead on to semantics.

Never said it would be ok to do in the context of the right thing to do. Just implying an option and stating it would not throw a code. Don't care if it is ok. Not going to counter because I think I'm correct. Just giving an alternative which is what this site used to be about.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard