I'm afraid I don't knwo nay real details as of yet on my car stereo. It's a 96 ontour, has speakers in the doors in the front and speakers in the back. When i bought it at the car lot, it had beautiful sound but of course, as soon as I drove away with it, the speakers on the passenger side keep conking out. I have looked at the various pictures and plan to snoop about a bit when I get time to see if I still ahve the factory amp hooked up and everything, but perhaps someone has had experience with this and can narrow down the search for me.

I thought perhaps it was a lose wire connecting the passenger side speakers, but it reconnects randomly. No bumps seem to do it. I can be driving, nice smooth and poof, quadraphonic and deafness (cause I crank the tunes since it's only on one side the majority of the time). it'll stay on all 4 speakers for a while then disappear just as suddenly. I can go over train tracks and pot holes and it makes no difference to whether it stays on all 4 speakers or not.

Any idea what would be causing this? it's horribly annoying and I am debating buying a new stereo for the car just to fix it 9and get a CD player) but I'm cheap and just don't want to pay all that labour to install it.

I'm thinking it is likely the factory radio as it has no frills or extras really.